Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pajama dayS-Yes with capital S (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pajama-days-yes-capital-s-t313434.html)

Julienm1 12-10-2020 08:20 AM

Pajama dayS-Yes with capital S

Since this pandemic, I realize I'm spending more days in my pj's. At least once a week I do get dressed including make-up. (I do the make-up to remember the sequence.) Seems I am able to sew just as proficiently no matter what I'm wearing. Thank heavens DH does walk up the street to get the mail.

Onebyone 12-10-2020 08:53 AM

I have to get dressed every day or I will not do anything. LOL
I don't put on makeup not even going out because it will rub off on my mask anyway. I do my eyebrows, seems that is all that is shown now. I like to be dressed casual nice enough to be seen in public.
A pair of comfortable slacks and a nice loose top is my everyday wear. I can throw on a nice tunic sweater or blazer jacket and go anywhere with a minute notice.

dunster 12-10-2020 09:06 AM

I see nothing wrong with wearing your pj's all day. I probably would, except that I take the dog out for a walk every morning and again to get the mail in the afternoon.

platyhiker 12-10-2020 10:16 AM

I have lots of days that I spend mainly in my pajamas. I do get dressed for dinner time with my family - that feels respectful to me. (No judgement for people who make other decisions!)

I've never been a big make-up person, but these days the only make up I wear these days is lipstick twice a month for club Zoom meetings. (It actually feels nice to have something once in a while to have something to "look nice" for.) I figure that the whole pandemic must have massively lower lip stick sales. I read early on that sales of pants were way down, as people figured that they need to look decent from only the waist up on Zoom calls.

Kitsie 12-10-2020 10:47 AM

Lik Dunster does, that's exactly what I do, too! I live very rural on a short, dead-end country road and I walk my two dogs every day while I'm taking garbage to the barn (couple of hundred feet away) and then again to pick up any mail - again by the barn.

NZquilter 12-10-2020 11:11 AM

I get dressed every morning, but never do makeup. I let my girlies wear PJ's all day if they want to, especially since it is getting colder.

Cheshirepat 12-10-2020 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Julienm1 (Post 8441500)
Since this pandemic, I realize I'm spending more days in my pj's. At least once a week I do get dressed including make-up. (I do the make-up to remember the sequence.)

That's funny, because for the first time in a *while* I decided to put on a full face of makeup (for a telemeeting that didn't happen, figures!) and I pretty much felt like I've lost my skills! I dress because I work - but only doing eye makeup since we have to wear masks at work. I know I should probably do it once in a while, my hubby enjoys when I'm dolled up -but this pandemic has taken a lot of the girly out of me! I've even grown my grays out!

Jingle 12-10-2020 02:08 PM

I get dressed everyday. No make up, haven't worn it in years.

zennia 12-10-2020 04:37 PM

I try to get dressed every day but some days I just don't make it. I can sew just fine in my pj's and they are nice and warm.

Anniedeb 12-10-2020 05:43 PM

I get "dressed" every day, but it's pretty much the same uniform all the time. For years I had to wear "business attire". Outside of work I lived in blue jeans. A few years back I started wearing capris and a nice top. During winter it is the long black athletic pants and a top. I only wear a t-shirt to bed, so staying in my PJ's isn't really an option!!