Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Nutisystem (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/nutisystem-t313639.html)

Julienm1 12-29-2020 08:08 AM

Nutisystem

Spelled wrong but you know what I mean. Family member is considering this weight loss program. If you tried this at one time, or know someone who did, opinion please.

newbee3 12-29-2020 11:01 AM

well if you just eat what you get you will loose weight but if you quit program you will probably gain it back

tallchick 12-29-2020 11:37 AM

Any diet is really only worth the effort one puts into the program. IMHO, food filled with tons of chemicals and other stuff is not healthy, I highly suggest that if they are interested to go to Walmart and pick up a starter kit and see if it's something they like and have a good read of the labels. Having a healthy relationship with food is the first step to eating healthy, and realizing that there is no quick fix, its a life long commitment. It’s easy in a world filled with fast food, pre packaged processed food etc to put on weight and develop poor eating habits. I tried it for a few months and was not a fan, when I finally decided to get serious, I went with the Keto diet which was easier, healthier and far more sustainable for myself and went from 190 to 155. Its been 3 years now and I am still at 155, and I have never felt better.

I would highly recommend they speak with their doctor before starting any weight loss program, wishing them the best of luck, I know how hard it is!

Peckish 12-29-2020 02:20 PM

My friend did it, bought all their food and lost a bunch of weight, got down to her goal. When she went back to eating regular food and not their special food you have to buy, she gained it all back. The program taught her nothing about changing her diet, lifestyle, way of cooking, etc.

toverly 12-29-2020 03:03 PM

I was on it and loved it while I was on it. Gained everything back. Went to WW and lost, still at goal.

cgsumter 12-29-2020 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by tallchick (Post 8447294)
Any diet is really only worth the effort one puts into the program. IMHO, food filled with tons of chemicals and other stuff is not healthy, I highly suggest that if they are interested to go to Walmart and pick up a starter kit and see if it's something they like and have a good read of the labels. Having a healthy relationship with food is the first step to eating healthy, and realizing that there is no quick fix, its a life long commitment. It’s easy in a world filled with fast food, pre packaged processed food etc to put on weight and develop poor eating habits. I tried it for a few months and was not a fan, when I finally decided to get serious, I went with the Keto diet which was easier, healthier and far more sustainable for myself and went from 190 to 155. Its been 3 years now and I am still at 155, and I have never felt better.

I would highly recommend they speak with their doctor before starting any weight loss program, wishing them the best of luck, I know how hard it is!

Tallchick, do you still do keto to maintain your weight?

tallchick 12-29-2020 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by cgsumter (Post 8447425)
Tallchick, do you still do keto to maintain your weight?

Yes I do, but on occasion I will indulge in a sweet potato or other non Keto item once or twice a month. I did play around with foods to see what affects my Ketosis and I will say that adding little things once in a while have very little affect overall. Last year during the holidays I went off and felt horrid. Went right back on Keto and felt much better, I can never go back to SAD way if eating the difference is amazing. My energy, my mood, my overall feeling is a total 180, I feel like a entirely new person. Anything too carby or too sweet literally makes me sick to my stomach now.

Sharongn 12-29-2020 05:49 PM

Tallchick, I'm the same way when I eat too many carbs. I was on a low carb diet/lifestyle this last year but lost control and started cheating. At first, everything was cool and instill felt okay but i started to gain weight again and started feeling like crap again. Once I started eating wrong, my appetite came back and I started pigging out. Geesh.

I've used the keto diet before and know it works for me. I feel SO much better when I don't carb out. I'm going back on it soon and it has finally sunk in to my thick skull that I need to stay on it in order to be healthy. Not only weight wise, but overall health wise. I think some of us are "allergic" (so to speak) to carbs and need to avoid them in order to feel our best.

​​​​

aashley333 12-30-2020 06:19 AM

Didn't try it, but looks like a good idea for the right persons. I prefer the low carb diet. It's more of a lifestyle change in eating habits. Been on it over a year; lost weight and felt better.
Secret: Meal planning.
If you wait til you're hungry to decide what to fix, you can make bad choices.
Also, crock pot, boneless chicken thighs, and Cream of (your choice) soup has been a go to meal.

We decide on a "cheat" meal for the weekend. It helps with the off-diet cravings, like french fries or fried fish, and it helps to avoid temptation during the week.

Been failing since Thanksgiving and feeling terrible. Vowed yesterday to get back on the bandwagon and start feeling better.

SusieQOH 12-31-2020 06:41 AM

Tallchick- my husband and I did keto but it affected his cholesterol is a very bad way. Any way around that?