Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone have the Grace Cutie Quilt Frame? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-have-grace-cutie-quilt-frame-t314829.html)

Onebyone 03-20-2021 02:47 PM

Anyone have the Grace Cutie Quilt Frame?

I bought one today! On sale for less then $700 and free shipping. It will be May before it gets here but it's coming. My Juki TL 98 Q will be what I use on it. Sure saves me thousands for a sit down machine set up. I have been watching all the demos at LQS and it is awesome for the price.

https://www.graceframe.com/en/machin...p-fabric-frame

rryder 03-21-2021 03:49 AM

Congratulations, Onebyone! It’s a intriguing idea. Let us know how you like using it esp. for larger quilts. I’ve been thinking it would be a neat thing to have.

Rob

mkc 03-21-2021 04:58 AM

Existing discussion going on in this thread Grace Cutie Frame

Onebyone 03-21-2021 08:27 AM

I did a search here for the Cutie frame before posting. It didn't show any. Thanks for finding it.

SewQuiltyElf 01-20-2022 12:47 PM

Anyone have an honest review on the Cutie Frame yet?

I've still yet to see an actual review on the Grace Cutie Frame itself that is not associated with someone trying to sell one. Not with the Juki or other machine on it. Just the frame. How easy is it to load? How easy it is to reposition and line up to start stitching where you left off after repositioning? How smooth does it travel on the frame? Is there anything you dislike about it?

Stitchnripper 01-20-2022 01:03 PM

I know Leah day sells them but she does have several good videos on their use And set up

Onebyone 01-20-2022 02:59 PM

I never got mine. It was back ordered and then back ordered again. It was going to me close to Christmas of last year to get it. I didn't like the fact they got my money first and I was on hold so I cancelled the order. They couldn't get out of cancelling as it was backordered. The company was fast to restore the payment so that was a plus for them in customer service.
The LQS here stopped having them in stock and no more demos. I guess I'll ask why next time I'm there.

NZquilter 01-21-2022 07:09 AM

I've also been wondering what customers think of the Cutie frame. Interesting how yours was backordered for almost an entire year, Onebyone.

I watched how many free products that the Grace Company was giving away a few months ago and I wondered if anyone actually received their giveaways. They gave away thousands of dollars worth of merchandise, it actually made me question the value of their products. I can understand a company giving away one quilting machine to promote their business, but giving away half a dozen or more quilting machines, plus all the lightbars, cutie frames and stuff, it has me thinking.

Onebyone 01-21-2022 08:11 AM

I have two of the rolling light bars. They are great over my machine and over my cutting area. . The only con is the light bulbs don't last very long. And no where to buy them except at Grace Company. I have looked but the bulbs are special made. I think they are overpriced for what they are. But then all the 'quitling lights' are.

FoggyButFocused 01-21-2022 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 8532559)
I watched how many free products that the Grace Company was giving away a few months ago and I wondered if anyone actually received their giveaways. They gave away thousands of dollars worth of merchandise, it actually made me question the value of their products. I can understand a company giving away one quilting machine to promote their business, but giving away half a dozen or more quilting machines, plus all the lightbars, cutie frames and stuff, it has me thinking.

I had the same question when I watched their show. No actual evidence, but it seemed like when they showed comments from the same person over and over, that person often won the prize. And by their comments, I definately had the feeling there were shills in the audience. But then again, I am always suspicious of giveaways like this. Without actually seeing how they choose a person, it's hard to judge it's fairness. I guess we'll never know unless someone speaks up that they won a prize!