Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Cold supper (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/cold-supper-t315733.html)

Tartan 06-28-2021 08:26 AM

Cold supper

I have a tuna salad and devilled eggs cooling in the fridge for supper tonight. Just too hot for a hot supper. Do you like your devilled egg filling smooth with just mayonnaise or a little something in for crunch? I like to add a couple spoons of pickle relish to the filling along with the mayonnaise.

toverly 06-28-2021 08:38 AM

That sounds good. I like a cold supper in the hot days of summer also. I like the same, a little mayo, relish and even a little yellow mustard.

Onebyone 06-28-2021 09:18 AM

I use mayo and a little mustard with sliced green olive on top. I make deviled eggs often so I want them non fussy. Either the AC or heat is on so we have the same meals year round. Tonight it is roast beef, cream potatoes, and carrots. Roast is in the oven now.

Chasing Hawk 06-28-2021 09:19 AM

We have had Ceasar Salad with leftover chicken the past couple of nights.

Battle Axe 06-28-2021 09:22 AM

I'll order the cold potato and leek soup. I just planted the leeks today. I may have to wait a while.

QuiltE 06-28-2021 09:22 AM

Neither! Love eggs ... hot. Hate eggs ... cold!
Sorry, not in my hot days cold menu repertoire.

My frig has these ready to face the heat wave ...
Marinated Veggie Salad, Chinese Rice Salad, Glazed Strawberry Pie!
When I have it, feta cheese on the marinated salad.
I still like a hot protein in hot weather, so I cooked a small chicken in the crockpot yesterday. Now have the leftovers to go with all the colds.

Battle Axe 06-28-2021 09:40 AM

DAHLIA MEETING CARRY IN GRAPE SALAD

The first time I went through the line I passed this up, I thought it looked terrible. Then everyone started raving about the grape salad and could they have the recipe.

Trick to making this: soften the cream cheese to warm room temp. Then blend in the white sugar and finally the sour cream. Then it won't curdle. If I'm in a big hurry I microwave it.

2 pounds red seedless grapes
2 pounds green seedless grapes
1/2 cup white sugar
8 oz cream cheese softened
8 oz sour cream
1 teasp. or a double jigger of vanilla on a hot day

Topping: 1 cup brown sugar
1 cup crushed pecans

Chill overnight. Serves 15

rusty quilter 06-28-2021 12:35 PM

Definitely a "potato salad" night here:) Love deviled eggs...not with the relish though. Baked a cake at 6 this morning...before it got so hot...guessing I will be eating cold for the rest of the week--LOL

tallchick 06-28-2021 01:09 PM

My favorite cold supper is cold fried chicken, potato salad and fresh strawberries with fresh fresh whipped cream. I adore deviled eggs and make mine with mayo, mustard, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, a dollop of horseradish, and topped with a slice of green olive with pimento.

janiebakes 06-28-2021 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by meliisa (Post 8493490)
Thank you, tried in comercial microvawe, worked out well.

This post is spam. Link takes you to an ad for comercial microvawes. Post has been reported.