Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July to September 2021 Table Runner Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-september-2021-table-runner-swap-t315906.html)

CarolinePaj 07-18-2021 02:12 PM

July to September 2021 Table Runner Swap

Welcome to the ongoing Table Runner Swap. As you can see… our swaps have a little more time between them at the moment, this is because of the disruption that still exists with the mailing systems around the world! They will go back to the normal time frame when things settle. So this swap will run from 1st July 2021 to the 30th September 2021.

You have until the 30th Septmeber 2021 to make a table runner - the theme this time is……… Halloween or Autumn/Fall (makers choice).

The table runner should be a minimum of 12” x 30”.
You can use any technique/any style.
All fabrics used should be 100% cotton.
The runner must have wadding and be quilted.

There is no deadline so you can sign up at any time during the 3 months as this will be just an intention to participate. When you have made and are ready to mail your runner you can then sign up to the “ready to mail” list which is binding commitment.

But please remember that the only lists that counts is the Ready to Mail lists posted at the end of September 2021.

Ready to Mail list

The first Ready to Mail lists will be posted around 24th September 2021 (and will continually be updated) if you are not on this list and think you should be, please contact me asap and let me know - if you are not on the list you will not get an person/address to send to. The final list will be posted on the 30th September 2021.

Midnight on the 30th September 2021 is the deadline to get on the “Ready to Mail” list. If you want to take part, I will need the following:-

Real name
Your address
Whether you are willing to send international or not (Please consider this as it enables everybody to take part)
Allergy info
Pet and smoking information
Email address

As long as you have a table runner ready to mail you can join the ready to mail list by letting me know any time before the deadline.

Addresses Sent Out:

I will send out the name and address of the person you should send to on the 1st or 2nd October 2021. You will have 7 days to get your table runner in the mail - No Longer. If you are unable to keep this commitment - please do not sign up.

This is not a partner swap. You will send your table runner to the quilter who's address you get. You will receive from a different quilter than the one you send to.

Please remember that there are quilters of all abilities on this board and you should appreciate the table runner you receive as your sender will have worked hard to make it for you.

You are welcome to send some goodies in your package if you would care to, but please don't expect anything other than the table runner.

Please Note.... You must let me know when you mail and when you receive. Also, please PM the person that sends to you when you receive to say thank you and to let them know that the table runner that they have sent you has arrived - it is only polite to do so! And please remember that there are still delays with the postal services around the world so your runner may take some time to get to you!

So come and join our fun.

Hugs

Caroline

Blueridgebeverly 07-18-2021 04:01 PM

So many ideas .......

Northern Sue 07-18-2021 04:31 PM

Hmmm .... interesting! Must check my stash if I can find it! Some still in boxes! lol

Annaquilts 07-19-2021 03:19 PM

I can't belief it is already time to work on a table runner with a Fall theme. I plan to dig up some patterns and fabrics this week to start planning.

Annaquilts 07-20-2021 12:15 PM

I started. The fabrics are definitely more contemporary, happy, and brighter then I usually work with. It will be a Fall themed runner.

Annaquilts 07-27-2021 12:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just completed the top of this happy Fall table runner. Now to quilt it.

Blueridgebeverly 07-28-2021 09:36 AM

Wow, Annaquilts, that was fast! I like your contrasts with this layout!

Annaquilts 07-28-2021 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Blueridgebeverly (Post 8498851)
Wow, Annaquilts, that was fast! I like your contrasts with this layout!

I still need to quilt it though. I have been working on this one for some time and decided to finnish it for this swap. So no, I was not fast. More like slow. I did the same for the wall hanging swap. I used the swap to get going on something I have been working on.

CarolinePaj 08-04-2021 01:21 PM

Hi Guys,

Lovely to see an early bird. Not too many signed up yet but there is still plenty of time!

hugs

Caroline

Northern Sue 08-11-2021 12:22 PM

I haven't totally committed to the swap this time - at least not yet. lol I'm really behind on my aurifil endangered species FPP blocks! Moving has messed up my entire life & psyche!
Currently working on blocks and a quilt top for Quilts for Survivors, an initiative to make lap size quilts for survivors of the Residential Schools in Canada. A terrible time in our history and a quilt won't erase them. But its wonderful to see/hear from recipients of the quilts, the recognition that we are doing this for them. Blocks & quilts are coming from all over - its fantastic! Even Norway and Australia!

But I will try to give some thought to this too! :)