Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Who’s Hosting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who%92s-hosting-t316722.html)

tallchick 10-29-2021 12:50 PM

Who’s Hosting?

Tomorrow Bonnie Hunter will be posting the colors for this years Mystery Quilt. I always enjoy seeing everyones color choices while waiting for the final reveal. Like last year, I will be watching everyones progress, but will wait for the reveal before starting, only because I prefer to piece a certain way.
Do we know who is hosting this year?

Barb in Louisiana 10-29-2021 02:23 PM

I went out to the Quiltville Blog and it looks like this mystery might be different than previous years. Maybe it is going to be in the Quiltmaker magazine and we have to subscribe to it???

toverly 10-29-2021 02:37 PM

I believe the one in Quiltmaker is a different Mystery Quilt. On one of Bonnie's blogs she mentioned two Mysteries overlapping. I think the Quiltmaker one starts next year.

SuzSLO 10-29-2021 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by toverly (Post 8516417)
I believe the one in Quiltmaker is a different Mystery Quilt. On one of Bonnie's blogs she mentioned two Mysteries overlapping. I think the Quiltmaker one starts next year.

Yes! There will be 2 Mysteries! One is her annual project with colors and yardage requirements to be announced tomorrow and the first clue on Black Friday. Free if you quilt along (a pattern will be eventually be available for purchase).

The other is in the 6 editions in 2022 of Quiltmaker magazine, where Bonnie has had a column forever. The January/February 2022 magazine drops in late November, which will obviously overlap with the other Mystery. But clue 2 won’t be until the March/April issue of Quiltmaker published in late January. By that time the annual Mystery will have been revealed (although I’m sure I won’t have finished it yet).

Onebyone 10-29-2021 09:18 PM

Quiltmaker is losing subscriptions and hoping a mystery using past blocks by Bonnie Hunter will bring more customers. I don't think Bonnie had a hand in their mystery quilt other then the use of her Blocks of the Month in the magazine. I doubt she would have agreed to the overlap if she had a say. I hope the mystery quilt this year has distinct design and not all jumbled. I do admire Bonnie Hunter for the amount of work she puts into each mystery.

PurplePansies 10-30-2021 02:05 AM

I'm new here. What is this? Sounds like fun.

SuzSLO 10-30-2021 04:46 AM

I’m happy to host by posting the new info each week, if JoesMom doesn’t want to. I’ll send her a PM.

Iceblossom 10-30-2021 04:58 AM

For threads to be on the challenge page they need to be submitted. I submitted a post for starting this year's mystery about a week ago and have received no feedback. Can always repost here if a start is needed.

I'm still hoping to use up my box of solids if I think I can... Mysteries aren't for everyone but I've been working away at other projects to clear up the end of the year just for this.

SuzSLO 10-30-2021 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom (Post 8516477)
For threads to be on the challenge page they need to be submitted. I submitted a post for starting this year's mystery about a week ago and have received no feedback. Can always repost here if a start is needed.

I'm still hoping to use up my box of solids if I think I can... Mysteries aren't for everyone but I've been working away at other projects to clear up the end of the year just for this.

So happy to have you host! You will do a great job!

toverly 10-30-2021 05:56 AM

Woo Hoo! Go for it IceBlossom, you will be a great hostess. Got my chips, love the candy colors. Who else has to learn to spell Rhododendron?