Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My Design Has Been Stolen (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-design-has-been-stolen-t316796.html)

Watson 11-08-2021 09:22 AM

My Design Has Been Stolen

1 Attachment(s)
A company on the 'net that makes "quilt blankets"...basically printed tops that they then machine quilt and bind has begun advertising one of my designs for sale as available i 4 sizes of quilt and as having been created by one of their "Professional in-house designers".
I have contacted them with proof that I am the copyright owner and that they are required to cease and desisit, but I'm not holding out much hope.
The name of the company is Charming Tribe.com and I will include a picture of the quilt that they have stolen.

Watson

Julienm1 11-08-2021 09:35 AM

OMG h ow horrible. Good luck fighting this company. Keep us posted, please.

GingerK 11-08-2021 09:37 AM

Oh Watson! That is horrible!! I went to their website and clicked on something called "DMCA", where they actually lay out the steps to follow if you think they have infringed on your intellectual property. Wow! To me that is like admitting that "We're going to use other people's stuff and will continue to use it until we're told not to, in a complicated and (probably) expensive way. Phooey to you."

tallchick 11-08-2021 10:17 AM

Wow, just wow, what is wrong with people these days! I really hope you’re able to get them to stop and I hope that Karma bites them in their thieving #ss. Please keep us posted.

QuiltE 11-08-2021 10:44 AM

WOWzers ....... not only yours,
but I see several other familiar quilts,
including two patterns from MSQC, including Jenny.
hhhhmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

How sickening .......

Tartan 11-08-2021 10:52 AM

Once something is on the net, someone, somewhere is going to copy it. I hope you can get this issue resolved.🤞

Tartan 11-08-2021 10:59 AM

It looks like they stole pictures of a lot of others peoples work and then they print them out? I can’t believe the actually piece or appliqué the originals.

QuiltE 11-08-2021 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 8518460)
.........I can’t believe the actually piece or appliqué the originals.

...... and at the prices that they are showing, nothing aligns!

And what is this Kona fabric with microfibres added?

FoggyButFocused 11-08-2021 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 8518462)
...... and at the prices that they are showing, nothing aligns!

And what is this Kona fabric with microfibres added?

When you click on the image and read the details, it says 1-2 days to create the product and ship. I don't think these are hand-made designs. I suspect that they are digitally printed onto fabric and then quilted and finished.

It also appears that you are not the first person to complain, and, in fact, are waiting for people to complain. If you go to their home page and scroll all the down, there is a link labelled DMCA claim. It takes you to a google document that outlines how to complain about copyright infringement. If you post any additional images, you may need to watermark the pics before you post them.

This is terrible. I have to believe they know what they are doing is illegal or at least very sketchy. Good luck, I hope you prevail.

QuiltE 11-08-2021 12:42 PM

FoggyButFocused ..... actually it is Watson, that has had her design stolen.