Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Crayola washable markers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/crayola-washable-markers-t317170.html)

illinois 12-28-2021 07:09 AM

Crayola washable markers

Inquiring if anyone has experience with the Crayola washable markers that they have left them on the fabric for an extended time. I have a small quilt that another is taking my attention so am putting the marked one aside for the time being. I have some concern if that is allowing the marker to become permanent.

juliasb 12-28-2021 07:32 AM

Do a test piece of your fabrics and let it set for a couple weeks and see if it will wash out completely. See if it sets into the fabrics.

Three Dog Night 12-28-2021 07:32 AM

I have used them and left in for a few weeks with no problem. I always test my fabrics before marking and I stay away from the red, orange and brown colors because I have had problems removing them. That said are you talking a couple of weeks or months?

Onebyone 12-28-2021 07:40 AM

I use the blue one and so far the color has washed out completely no matter how long I have left it on the fabric. I always use the Ultra Clean Washable Crayola Marker.

FoxyLady 12-28-2021 10:17 AM

Crayola Washable Markers

Originally Posted by illinois (Post 8527364)
Inquiring if anyone has experience with the Crayola washable markers that they have left them on the fabric for an extended time. I have a small quilt that another is taking my attention so am putting the marked one aside for the time being. I have some concern if that is allowing the marker to become permanent.

I use these markers all the time and have had no problems whatsoever. However, I do wash my quilts, once they are completed, with Oxi-Clean and detergent and all traces of the markers, regardless of color, are removed.

liking quilting 12-28-2021 03:33 PM

My Crayola fine line washable markers have always washed out in the laundry, after I've finished a quilt. Many times the markings have been on the quilt for a month or more. Those markers are wonderful!

SusieQOH 12-29-2021 07:36 AM

I love those markers and have had no trouble with the colors washing out. I've used them all.

quilting cat 01-13-2022 11:43 AM

I never thought of using Crayola washable markers -- I'll give them a try!
I am a fan of Crayola FABRIC markers for permanent drawing on fabric (labels, doll faces).

Sheri.a 01-16-2022 04:29 AM

I did have an issue one time and I think it had to do with ironing. I used the washable Crayola marker to mark dots at the 1/4" location on the inside of an 8 point star quilt block. After I finished sewing, I steam pressed the block paying close attention to the middle. Then I saw a brown stain where the marker had started running on the block. I could not get it out.

Crafty_Woodmouse 01-16-2022 08:20 AM

I had no idea that those could be used for marking! I'll have to do a test piece, as I'm always fighting with chalk pens or similar before resorting to....a pencil....