Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   AccuQuilt company sold to private equity firm 12/2021 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-company-sold-private-equity-firm-12-2021-a-t317182.html)

mkc 12-29-2021 12:11 PM

AccuQuilt company sold to private equity firm 12/2021

@Onebyone alluded to this in another topic

AccuQuilt acquired by private equity firm

SuzSLO 12-29-2021 01:48 PM

I’ve been going crazy with orders at the significantly reduced prices. I should be set for a while even if it takes them some time to figure out a new business plan.

quiltingcandy 12-29-2021 02:06 PM

It will take a while for the change to take place and balance out. So in the mean time I will continue to watch and order what I need. Accuquilt is a game changer for quilting. Cutting out goes so fast and so accurate. Love it!

sewingsuz 12-29-2021 07:41 PM

I have bought a lot this month and all I made need is some mats to fit what I bought. I always forget about that. If what you have as far as a mat, could you use two to cover the die? Why Not?

phatquilts2 12-30-2021 02:57 AM

Hey All, appreciate this AQ info.

Have AQ & web notice , Today Only sale . A disclaimer - Not affilaited.

It will be obvious with this inquiry...listed price of the die is " $99.00.
Then next die is $1.00 [[ one dollar USD ]] ?

With 99% off on second die...noticing the AQ Qubes are not on offer ; for now

Hesitating on buying the strip die offer because (at this time, do not have dedicated sew area) .
For the AQ electric cut which is THE method to accommodate length.*
Will the mats will be on a special offer ? Just thinking out loud.

Anyway, grateful for what I am able to do now.

Really, really appreciative for communication and observations
of the QB .
* I did see the demonstration at a Quilt Show two years ago
. Without the electric model. my arms and shoulders will quit

sewingpup 12-30-2021 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz (Post 8527628)
I have bought a lot this month and all I made need is some mats to fit what I bought. I always forget about that. If what you have as far as a mat, could you use two to cover the die? Why Not?

Mats eventually wear out and have to be replaced. You probably could use two in a pinch IF they both will fit, but most likely you will not get a clean cut and will have to cut the remaining threads and I think there is a danger of the one of the mats moving a tad and giving you an inaccurate cut. It would be much better in my opinion to just get the right sized matts. I usually got mine on sale and/or when I needed to spend a bit more to get the free shipping. I think over the years, I have had to replace 4-5 of the mats and got a supply of all sizes I need during one of the pre-christmas sales.

Onebyone 12-30-2021 05:55 AM

The sale this morning of Buy one get one for 99% off is for Go dies, Qubes, Bundles and Accessories. Some mats are in stock, mostly the Go Big dies.

juliasb 12-30-2021 01:12 PM

I have spend so much with these sales that are happening. I received the 10" Qube today and have 3 more packages on the way. I am running out of space for dies so I hope I have all I want for some time until the new owners works out the kinks.

Onebyone 12-30-2021 05:47 PM

I bought enough to keep me very busy. New dies are coming this month too.

sewingsuz 12-30-2021 08:50 PM

I ordered the mats I need but only one of the sizes I needed was the bogo99. I still got 63 dollars off and thank you girls for telling me about the sale.