Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual quilting weekend December 31-January 2, 2022 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-december-31-january-2-2022-a-t317199.html)

Raggiemom 12-31-2021 04:36 AM

Virtual quilting weekend December 31-January 2, 2022

Good morning! Welcome to our special VQW. I will be trying to finish a couple quilts this weekend. What are your plans?

tallchick 12-31-2021 05:07 AM

Good morning Heather, thanks for hosting the final VQW of 2021 and thanks for hosting these wonderful weekends! I am in again with what I hope to be all the final blocks for Allitare. I have just the setting triangles to piece and then on to borders. I am really looking forward to seeing what everyone else is working on.

LifeLovePassion 12-31-2021 05:15 AM

I will be cutting up shirts for memory quilts and hopefully get to piecing as well (at least the first 2 which will be a simple layout).
I need to decide on a couple of patterns/things I was to try for the 2nd 2 quilts, I hope to pattern browse some this weekend too. I had 24 shirts to start and that doesn't include the flannel ones that will become their own quilts at a later point in time.
​​​​​

Iceblossom 12-31-2021 05:21 AM

Well it's Bonnie Hunter mystery time for me -- the new clue was just released.

We are still snowed in here around Seattle. Hubby has a cold and we can't get it tested for Covid, so he's home and we are trying to stay apart/he's wearing his mask. We're still working our way through the Call the Midwife series, last half of Season 3 now.

Originally he was going to do the Polar Bear Plunge, that is run into Lake Washington on New Year's Day but that has been cancelled due to the snow and cold. He already realized it would look bad if he was home from work and got his picture on the news...

Railroadersbrat 12-31-2021 06:00 AM

Hello everyone, Happy New Year.

I have one small sewing project to do that I will probably knock out later today/tonight, then the rest of the weekend, it's nothing but declutter so I can start to reorganize my sewing corner. Will be starting a significant soft sculpture project the middle of January, I've got to have my ducks in a row before I do that.

Karamarie 12-31-2021 06:56 AM

No sewing for me but taking down Christmas in our home. So my sewing room gets all that where I put things in totes for storage. I do have an octagon quilt I have started piecing, have about 1/2 of the top pieced. It is not my favorite thing to sew octagons together with the Y seams but I will persevere till it is done. I also have a T-shirt quilt for Granddaughter who will graduate this coming spring. I did one this past year for a Grandson so know how to do it. Those two items are my winter projects for 2022 and that will be my New Year's resolution to get them finished. Enjoy hearing what everyone is working on. Happy New Year everyone!!!!

SusieQOH 12-31-2021 06:58 AM

The BH mystery clue came out today plus I'm doing the Merry Mayhem tomorrow so I'm going to be busy! Also taking the tree down.
Happy New Year, everyone!
Thanks for hosting, Heather!

Gemm 12-31-2021 07:08 AM

I'm working on a quilt that was born out of some jelly roll strips that were gifted to me by a QB friend. I'm hoping to finalize the layout and get the top done this weekend (it might involve making more blocks or digging through my stash to find setting fabric). Happy New Year and happy quilting, everyone! :-)

petthefabric 12-31-2021 07:10 AM

This is a busy time of the year. Since we're selling the house, the carpets have been cleaned, spotted, cleaned. Turned up the fans, so hopefully the furniture can go back into place today.
First, to finish the top of the quilt started at the last VQW.
Then, Merry Mayhem
Finally?

QuiltingVagabond 12-31-2021 07:18 AM

Happy New Year to all the VQWers! Thanks Heather for being our host! I will be working on the mystery quilt but have to make a decision as to whether I should use the garnet color or stick with the teal bonus units I made in clue 4. I might just do what I can without committing either way and decide later.
Lots of other things to work on as well!