Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Old module for bernina (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/old-module-bernina-t317245.html)

sewingsuz 01-03-2022 12:23 PM

Old module for bernina

I have never used my embroidery module for my bernina 440 qe. I did not have a pc to use because I have Mac/apple, I recently got a pc with Windows 7. Does anyone know if this will work?

Gay 01-03-2022 03:14 PM

I don't know this machine, but if it takes a usb you should have no problem. Of course you will need to install a program on the computer to read the embroidery files and see an image of each one. You should have a disc with your machine but depending on the age it may not work with a modern computer. In that case you can buy a new program - I have 'buzz explore' and there are others.

Bernina Aurora

RedGarnet222 01-03-2022 07:53 PM

Suz,
Go to the bernina site and there are tutorials on using the embroidery module and the built in stitches that do not require the computer to stitch out. There are tons of them in the memory saved section that were loaded for you just play with. Just pull out the owner's embroidery manual and go step by step to access all of those. It is easy, and fun to learn. There are even built- in quilting designs for those blocks that need a little something.
You just plug in the embroidery module and push the built in design image on the screen when it comes up. It will bring up the designs already in there. I don't know about yours, my Aurora 440qe has tons on them.

juliasb 01-04-2022 12:07 PM

I just passed up buying a Bernina 650 this morning because it did not have a USB port for retrieval from the computer. I was on a serial port which is out dated and my computer doesn't even have a serial port any longer. So this is very important. I your import from the machine to the computer both are old enough to use a serial port you should be able to use it on the PC with windows7

sewingsuz 01-04-2022 10:55 PM

Thanks all Three of you , I will do my homework. I will get back to you and see how it works

RedGarnet222 01-26-2022 09:52 AM

The new machines use WiFi to transfer the designs to the machine from the computer. Pretty trick, don't you think?
There are cords available that have the old type plug that you use to change the cord to what you need. You use them kind of like a extention cord.

Rhonda K 01-26-2022 02:06 PM

Suzanne,

Did you get the pc system questions figured out? I transfer from the PC to USB. Then insert the USB into machine and choose design. I have software but seldom use it.

sewingpup 01-27-2022 11:27 AM

It has been a long time since I had a 440, I traded her in fairly quickly for my 630 and never got the embroidery arm for either. But if I am recalling things right. The 440 actually had to be connected to the PC to embroider. It did not use a USB port or Wifi.

RedGarnet222 01-29-2022 01:06 PM

I am sorry sewing pup that is not right. There are tons of built ins in the machine itself and in the module. So, yes, you can.

sewingpup 01-31-2022 05:57 PM

I got one of the first 440 ever and as I recall that is what I was told that it needed to be connected but as I didn't have it that long and never had the embroidery, I know that there were some updates to the 440