Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Old is Your UFO? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-old-your-ufo-t317321.html)

tropit 01-13-2022 05:32 PM

How Old is Your UFO?

I was going through my pix on my computer yesterday and I came across some images of my quilts. There was one there that was fron 2015 and another one from 2011. Both of them are sitting in my to do pile, waiting to be finished. And to think that I love those quilts!

Quiltwoman44 01-13-2022 06:00 PM

oh my, i hate to think. maybe 2010 0r 2008. don't make me go look!! please...:(

lindaschipper 01-14-2022 03:44 AM

I have a UFO packed away somewhere that is from 2006. It was never finished because I wanted matching material to make it larger and never found what I was looking for. I think it's time to simply find it again, and make do with the size it is.

tallchick 01-14-2022 04:24 AM

I have only 1 UFO, it is about a year old and is on my agenda to finish this year. I prefer to work on 1 quilt at a time and once I have 2 tops done, I like to quilt them back to back so I have more time on my long arm, and handwork in the evenings with binding.

Annaquilts 01-14-2022 04:30 AM

I am not going there. LOL

sewingpup 01-14-2022 05:28 AM

Ahhh, well, how old am I now? I think I was born with UFO's!!!!

WesternWilson 01-14-2022 05:32 AM

That is a great question! I began the year by finding all my UFO's, putting each in a bin of its own with any bits and bobs that related to its completion, and made a list. My goal is to finish one per month this year. Yes, a lot will become dog beds, but the dogs will be ecstatic and my UFO list will not be so demoralizing!

I do want to defend UFO's though...many of mine were pieces begun in a class where I enrolled to learn a new technique. While the class project may have joined the UFO pile, I learned a skill that was often used in other projects. So for many of my UFO's, they have served a purpose, independent of being quilted, bound, and put into service.

ckcowl 01-14-2022 06:36 AM

I have a ufo from 2005- this year I’m either going to get it finished, recycle the fabric and move on or send it away. Undecided yet of which direction I’m going- I will get it out & look it over this weekend and make a decision. The only thing right now I’m sure about is it’s getting out of the box it’s lived in for 16 years

sewingitalltogether 01-14-2022 07:29 AM

I have a quilt top mostly sewn from 1979? My sister and I put it together. Was going to be a baby quilt for another sister. I never finished it. My sister had a boy and I think he’s 41? Having his second child in July.

Snooze2978 01-14-2022 07:37 AM

I think my oldest UFO still waiting to be qulted is aruond 2015 too. I have 12 to be quilted and most were put together around the same time. What does that tell you? I think I like making the quilt tops more than getting them quilted though once I get started I'm enjoying myself during the process. It's just that push I need to get started that's a problem.