Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Aunt Daisy's Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/aunt-daisys-quilt-along-t317430.html)

pineneedles4 01-28-2022 03:33 AM

Aunt Daisy's Quilt Along

1 Attachment(s)
Dear Members,

If you would like to make the Aunt Daisy Quilt, there is a free Quilt Along, the pattern is totally free until January 1, 2023. Details will be posted on this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/238458531647902 , the yardage chart is already posted with material requirements from every size from King to Queen to Double to Twin to Table Topper/Pillow. The quilt along begins February 1st.

Macybaby 01-31-2022 08:04 AM

that looks very interesting - I love doing this style with ombre fabric and just letting the shading be random.

Macybaby 01-31-2022 08:20 AM

Been thinking about this - and my two totes of scraps. I think I'll select a background and use random scraps for the color.

Macybaby 02-06-2022 05:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Spent the weekend cutting up scraps. I went through two large totes of scraps and a few smaller misc totes. Got all the color pieces cut from scrap, but had to use yardage for the neutrals for the background. I'll work on sewing following along, which means the next step is to start making flying geese.

They are bagged up in sets, Flying Geese, HST, Hourglass, Square in a square, and 4 patch. Oh- and the Tri-rec units, not sure what they are called.

pineneedles4 02-12-2022 03:53 AM

Hi Cathy,

I'm Vanessa, I created the Aunt Daisy Quilt. Thank you for joining in on the quilt along! I've had company for about two weeks; my son's home burned down this last year and they lost everything, a brand-new house that he built and they'd moved into and he was waiting for the siding (that had been backordered for months due to covid) and USAA insurance refused to insure the home until it had siding on it, so they lost everything except the gardening clothes they were wearing. It's been a tough year for them. So, they have made a decision to move to Houston and they've been here for a few weeks tying up loose ends. They leave in a week. So, I say all of this to say, I'm ready to start the next lesson/block unit that will be released March 1st. I need to hurry because it takes time writing the lesson and making the photos! I'm making mine on this round navy blues and creams but I'm thinking about making a lap quilt that is scrappy with fall colors. I'm like you, I love scrappy quilts!

juliasb 02-12-2022 06:20 AM

I have 3 others that I am working on right now. One I am behind on already. The other 2 are on time. I think I'll pass on this one.

Macybaby 02-12-2022 12:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the welcome Vanessa, I don't have a facebook account, and that is why I'm posting progress on this board.

I've got the flying geese units complete. Very glad to get them out of the way early on.

pineneedles4 02-12-2022 01:05 PM

Aunt Daisy Quilt Along

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 8536888)
Thanks for the welcome Vanessa, I don't have a facebook account, and that is why I'm posting progress on this board.

I've got the flying geese units complete. Very glad to get them out of the way early on.

Just in case you need the link, you can look on the first of every month by noon at the latest for the block units each month.

www.vanessavantreasequiltalongs.wordpress.com

sewbizgirl 02-12-2022 01:27 PM

I love this quilt! And with it moving along at a once-a-month pace, I feel maybe I can get it done amidst all my other stuff, (charity quiltmaking and family sewing). Thank you so much for your pattern and lessons, Vanessa.

I'm so sorry about your son's misfortune. I think he should sue the insurance co. They left him hung out to dry! :(

sewbizgirl 02-12-2022 03:53 PM

Just downloaded your part 1, Flying Geese methods. Thank you so much for all the photos with post-it notes! This is going to be fun.