Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Patchwork plus Recipes equals Curtains (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/patchwork-plus-recipes-equals-curtains-t317794.html)

RN-Quilter 03-18-2022 02:12 AM

Patchwork plus Recipes equals Curtains

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,
My mom passed away in 1999, and for years my sister and I have talked about what to do with her handwritten recipes,
Last year 2 unrelated things happened - we built a small seaside cottage and my sister started playing with heat-transfer vinyl.
Fast forward to this year,,,, We've been looking at new curtains for the cottage and just could not find anything I really liked.
Then my DH said: You have so much fabric....why don't you make something with it?
Mulling over it, my sis did the recipes on the vinyl, and I built a scrappy churndash around it.

Please don't look at the wrinkles and skew-ness.....it must still be ironed and quilted....just wanted to share so long😊

sewsewchickie 03-18-2022 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by RN-Quilter (Post 8543315)
Hi,
My mom passed away in 1999, and for years my sister and I have talked about what to do with her handwritten recipes,
Last year 2 unrelated things happened - we built a small seaside cottage and my sister started playing with heat-transfer vinyl.
Fast forward to this year,,,, We've been looking at new curtains for the cottage and just could not find anything I really liked.
Then my DH said: You have so much fabric....why don't you make something with it?
Mulling over it, my sis did the recipes on the vinyl, and I built a scrappy churndash around it.

Please don't look at the wrinkles and skew-ness.....it must still be ironed and quilted....just wanted to share so long😊

That is so awesome. What a way to honor your mother and over the years, it will be nice to look at her handwriting and remember.. Hopefully the recipes are some of your favorites! Thanks for that great idea.

Joset 03-18-2022 03:40 AM

that is so cool

RN-Quilter 03-18-2022 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by sewsewchickie (Post 8543319)
That is so awesome. What a way to honor your mother and over the years, it will be nice to look at her handwriting and remember.. Hopefully the recipes are some of your favorites! Thanks for that great idea.

Thank you, yes, I chose some of my favourites, and my sister the ones she likes. I still have to make 4 more curtains for my kitchen for the other window, so more recipes will be used😊👍

MamaLinda 03-18-2022 04:33 AM

What a lovely idea all round. A wonderful tribute to your mother.

cjsews 03-18-2022 05:21 AM

What a great idea. You can see mom with you every day

Tartan 03-18-2022 05:39 AM

Well done!

EmiliasNana 03-18-2022 06:07 AM

What a perfect place to view your Mom's recipes: above the kitchen sink. A lasting and loving memory of your Mom and her favorite recipes. Our son wants to inherit my very worn and tattered cookbook LOL and his wife made me a set of dishtowels using recipes from my mom and some longtime friends, from recipes blown up and printed from Spoonflower.com.

mopec 03-18-2022 06:33 AM

Oh I love that in more ways than one. So pretty and memorable!

Waal 03-18-2022 06:51 AM

Great job!