Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Cleaning kit for FW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/cleaning-kit-fw-t317997.html)

SusieQOH 04-15-2022 06:27 AM

Cleaning kit for FW

I bought it from the Featherweight Shop. Yesterday I cleaned and buffed the machine and it's so shiny! Just a heads up to a good product from a wonderful company. They ship so fast I don't know how they do it in these times we're living in. Mail service has really suffered d/t Covid, although it's improving.
I also ordered a new pedal from them. It is made for longer use of the machine. It's coming today. I also ordered a thread cutter.

cashs_mom 04-15-2022 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 8547658)
I bought it from the Featherweight Shop. Yesterday I cleaned and buffed the machine and it's so shiny! Just a heads up to a good product from a wonderful company. They ship so fast I don't know how they do it in these times we're living in. Mail service has really suffered d/t Covid, although it's improving.
I also ordered a new pedal from them. It is made for longer use of the machine. It's coming today. I also ordered a thread cutter.

I LOVE FW Shop! I ordered a new foot pedal and some other needed pieces from them and I agree, the shipping is amazing!

I also like to watch their videos. They're very instructive.

wesing 04-15-2022 07:03 PM

I am on their mailing list and subscribe to their YouTube channel. I’ve purchased a few small things from them, but my wish list is basically one of everything! They are definitely all about customer service!

Joe Ayres 04-16-2022 02:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I first found the FW shop when looking for a belt. I had a replacement belt in my mother's machine case, and when I tried it, it made the slow machine worse, so I bought one from that famous online shopping place, which stopped the machine completely. I noticed the FW shop had something they called a super belt. I read the materials description and having worked for a rubber company, I thought this might be a good idea. I was amazed! Their video shows them with an RPM gauge, and I didn't need to use mine to see what an amazing difference it made. So far I have put one of their belts on 5 machines, and was very pleased with the results each time. I too got the cleaning kit, and have used it on half a dozen machines. And I agree, their videos are great!

Kelsie 06-15-2022 07:32 AM

I agree. Even getting things shipped to Canada has been timely. I watch a lot of their videos and have learned so much. I have helped create a new guild and a couple of members have just bought FWs, I did a tune-up for one of them as it had not been used in 20 years. Then I sent her to the FW Shop to buy the tune-up kit. A lot of people that I talk to (because I love my little FW) have not heard about them. It is wonderful to have such a concentrated place to find information.