Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 1-4, 2022 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-july-1-4-2022-a-t318603.html)

Raggiemom 06-30-2022 02:20 PM

Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 1-4, 2022

Good evening all! I hope many of you will be able to join me this weekend. I was on vacation last week and been busy this week catching up on things at home so haven't done much in my sewing room. Have worked on some hand projects but looking forward to getting in the sewing room tomorrow and working on a few things. Plus I need to find room for the new things I bought on vacation before I go back to NYS to visit family in July and hit a few more shops :)

So what are you all working on this weekend? I have several projects to finish--quilts to quilt and bind, applique some EPP down, very small wall hanging projects to border and finish. Plus I want to prep a couple more EPP and wool applique projects to take on my next trip. I like to have a variety to work on in the hotel at night.

Next VQW will be August 5-7, 2022.

tallchick 06-30-2022 03:16 PM

Yay! Thanks for hosting again Heather, I have been looking forward to this! It has been another chaotic and stressful 6 weeks and there has been no sewing. I have a bazillion HST’s to make for my newest project and I will be happy if I get some of them done. I also need to tidy up my sewing room before I start as it is looking horrible and I am one who needs things tidy before I sew. I plan to spend 2-3 hours each morning while it’s cool, laying down stone edging that I have been going and loading in my truck making a few trips a day while running around. Then I hope to spend at least 3-4 hours sewing. I am really looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on!

Quiltah Mama 06-30-2022 04:04 PM

Thank you Heather for hosting VQW again. I will be in the sewing room tomorrow, finishing up on a few last minute items for a craft fair I will be participating in this weekend. I will be excited to see everyone's progress over the weekend, happy sewing everyone.

cjsews 06-30-2022 05:06 PM

I am ready to sew the binding on a quilt. Then decide if i want to add a little more quilting in the body of it. After that I want to work on something simple. Maybe a D4P in red white and blue fabrics I have. Plenty of running after the elderly and sick too.

Dedemac 06-30-2022 05:23 PM

I'm in this time, we're staying home! I have to clean the sewing room and make some binding for a quilt that has been sitting around for far too long. I know that there are a few UFOs in there also so I should have plenty to work on.

thimblebug6000 06-30-2022 05:28 PM

I am hoping to create a pattern for a Berlin TV tower to add to my BOM from the quilt show last year. An unexpected visit from DD and sweet little GD put that off for tonight…and I get to babysit again in the morning, but am googling here and there to see if I can find a better image to base my design on.

happylab 06-30-2022 07:09 PM

Thank-you Heather for hosting. My goals to quilt 3-4 tops & machine bind 2-3 of them. I also need to find fabric from my stash and scraps to start 2-3 long term projects. Then put borders on my lock-in 2020 top, then quilt and bind this project. That should keep me busy for the four days and if I don’t get them done I will finish them later this month. Happy sewing/quilting everyone.

Railroadersbrat 06-30-2022 08:54 PM

Woo Woo - VQW is here!! Hello Heather, hope you're doing great and thanks again for hosting!

I am absolutely in like Flynn on this one. I pulled out a trouble quilt yesterday, I was having issues before with getting things to match up correctly, even though I had cut accurately, so I'll be working on that all weekend. I still have to finish cleaning my kitchen, getting my Muslin bolt out and pulling out my big cutting mat, I think I'm going to have to re-cut some things for one particular block and if I have to break from the quilt for a bit, I'll be ironing and cutting up my white fabric for the Cathedral Window audition blocks.

Pics, of course, will follow later.

To my U.S. quilting sisters - Happy 4th of July!!

petthefabric 06-30-2022 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by tallchick (Post 8557732)
I plan to spend 2-3 hours each morning while it’s cool, laying down stone edging that I have been going and loading in my truck making a few trips a day while running around. on!

”A few hours at a time”, a healthy way to approach a project. I’ve been tackling cleaning out kudzu, dead branches, over grown the same way. We’re having a heat wave that’s too much for me. So giving myself a break. Maybe until fall.

petthefabric 06-30-2022 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 (Post 8557746)
I am hoping to create a pattern for a Berlin TV tower to add to my BOM from the quilt show last year. but am googling here and there to see if I can find a better image to base my design on.

I think I’ve missed some past info. It’s interesting that you create pattern(s). Can you show one?