Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Yellowstone 9P (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/yellowstone-9p-t318844.html)

cjsews 08-04-2022 07:04 AM

Yellowstone 9P

3 Attachment(s)
A while ago another member asked for red and black scraps to make a quilt shown in the Yellowstone show. I gladly sent her some of what I had. With so much still in my stash I decided to make one too. This is my version of that quilt. It is a bit smaller as I find lap quilts easier to donate. After making the first one I had enough to make the column quilt. They turned out about 50 X 70. I had this beautiful flannel given to me that covered both backs

osewme 08-04-2022 07:55 AM

Wow! Those both turned out so pretty. I remember sending some fabrics to the board member (Nonnie4) back in April for her quilt. I hope she received enough to make her quilt. I love how you quilted yours with that decorative stitch. It's perfect!

toogie 08-04-2022 08:03 AM

Oh my I like both of them! My favorite is the first one. Heck anybody want to send me these colors I’ll make one (lol) but this would be one I’d want to keep! My husband would love it too, I’m sure! Love that Gray background with the reds and blacks.

EmiliasNana 08-04-2022 08:28 AM

Wow beautiful and cozy. Love the warm colors and your zig zag quilting.

Quiltwoman44 08-04-2022 09:31 AM

Oh very, very nice indeed. i thought gray or green. my screen makes it hard to tell. Pretty either way.

faykilgore 08-04-2022 05:18 PM

Great quilts! Flannel backs are wonderful. From here all your points look perfect!

toogie 08-09-2022 12:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made my first block of my red & black 9 Patches for this quilt! I am using 2 1/2 inch or strips. It will take a lot of squares at this size and I’m not finding many reds.
Has the quilter that asked for fabrics a while back to make this quilt finished hers? I would love to see. Thanks cjsews for sending me your leftovers from these two quilts and my surprise piece! It has helped me to get started. You know me though, I like to finish. I hope mine comes out as well as yours. I probably should have used the brighter red with the gray but it will get lost in the quilt once I get more blocks made. I really love the simplicity of this quilt. We don’t even watch the show but this is the second quilt someone here had remarked about. Maybe I should watch just for the quilts-lol- but I’m not a TV person.

cjsews 08-09-2022 12:44 PM

Looking good Toogie. I haven’t seen the show either. I had to look up Beth Dutton Yellowstone quilt. I think your reds will be fine

tranum 08-09-2022 02:33 PM

What a coincidence ! I’m making plans to make this because I want it for our daughter’s birthday in November. She has the DVDs and her husband gave her a poster of the bull shown at the beginning & end of every episode. She promptly had it framed. I’ve got a good assortment of blacks so I’ll be shopping for reds. I may be back with questions 😊

Cam's gram 08-11-2022 05:29 AM

Lovely quilts. Good use of your stash!.