Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Oly Fun cloth (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/oly-fun-cloth-t318877.html)

toogie 08-08-2022 11:01 AM

Oly Fun cloth

2 Attachment(s)
I finally figured a good size, for a tote to hold 2 quilts and my wool pressing mat. I think I could get a few more things in. Lol -I made it with this Oly Fun material on a roll at Walmart. It doesn’t fray. I didn’t have to line it and I sewed my seam allowance down flat inside.
I hate when you resize and picture loads sideways😩

LAF2019 08-08-2022 01:46 PM

looks professionally made to me! and a great size

Tartan 08-08-2022 03:45 PM

Great quilt tote!

OurWorkbench 08-08-2022 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by toogie (Post 8562524)
I finally figured a good size,...

What size is it? :)

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

copycat 08-09-2022 01:19 AM

Nice tote! Did you find the oly cloth easy to work with?

toogie 08-09-2022 04:11 AM

Ourworkbench-I cut the body 26 inch H X 31 inch W. I cut 4 inches from my corners to make bottom. I hemmed at the top edge, making a double fold of about 1 to 1 1/4 in (I didn't measure). My straps are 78 inches long going from the bottom edge up and back around same front or same back, to bottom again. I spaced them 8 inches apart. I took pictures because sometimes 'people wanna know'. If anyone might be interested I could make a tutorial, but you have the info here, mostly.

copycat-Oly Cloth or Oly Fun as it was called on my roll is the easiest to work with. It's lightweight, not thick so your machine doesn't hang on those bulky seams I sewed flat and best, it doesn't fray or ravel. What more could a sewer want-lol

Pam S 08-09-2022 04:21 AM

Great looking tote. Didn't know you could get this fabric at Walmart. I will have to check it out.

Quiltwoman44 08-09-2022 04:37 AM

me too!! love that. is it purple? looks so on my screen. i love purple. I will have to look for some of that fabric.
(getting weird to reply here. doesn't let me type in quick reply, i scroll back up and click reply there)

OurWorkbench 08-09-2022 05:26 AM

Thank you, Toogie. I put it in my ideas folder.

The prices sure vary. Amazon and many other places have it by the bolt (60" wide) but the one place I saw had many different prices depending on the color. The Jelly (purple) is $25.06 for the bolt, Cherry (red) $13.17 and Hot Fudge (brown) $29.90. The 10 yard bolts are 60" wide.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

toogie 08-09-2022 06:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got mine on clearance before Covid for $2 a roll of 30 inch x 3 yards. I have about a 12-14 inch x 30 in piece left. I think I saw it later for $5.
I made two of these bags. This one is purple and I took pictures for a tutorial of the blue. I bought the purple on the roll, that the paper is off of. I had another piece of blue 60 inch wide I purchased by the yard. I find the blue looks thinner, but not sure why that is. I haven't opened this blue roll.