Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Oh, terrible drama!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/oh-terrible-drama-t318896.html)

sewingitalltogether 08-10-2022 01:11 PM

Oh, terrible drama!!

Possible stress. May have pain mixed in. Not sure what to do.
I have bought so much fabric it doesn’t all fit into my sewing room. I must not be sewing faster that I buy fabric. I may have to clean my sewing room. Maybe pick some of that fabric up off the floor. I bought 2 new shelving units. Hope that helps. I get SO much happiness buying fabric, getting it in the mail and looking at it. Just love it.

dunster 08-10-2022 01:45 PM

There's a 12-step program for that. The first step is to get a bigger space. The other 11 steps are to buy more fabric to fill it up.

MaryKa 08-10-2022 02:03 PM

Here! Here!
Someone truly understands how I feel when I get to go thru the fabric at the Senior Center--and can't leave most of it behind. I go specifically on Thursdays to see what is still there and I bring it (mostly) home. As I'm going thru it at the center, I can see many different projects that it can be used for. LOTs of beautiful projects. Since we are in the second half of our year, I am concentrating on getting several quilts finished in time for Christmas--I have moved 1 to the top of the list for my pastor. He told in his last sermon about his experience with his Love Bug--us "older folks" loved hearing about Herbie and were laughing thru almost the entire sermon as we too were remembering our "trials" with Herbie. If you don't know Herbie, go ahead and look him up on the internet and you will know then. There is only ONe Herbie. He's getting his very own Herbie back. Hope he will have as good memories as I am having making it. I'm going to wrap it and give it to his wife with strict instructions that he can see it but CANnot open it until Christmas day. Hope to have it completed by the end of this month. Also making one for a soon to be new big sister and one for her soon to be baby brother to be born in December. Doing Ann & Andy quilts for them.

See I just have to have all that fabric. I also make dolly clothes and clothing for children upto the size 8-girls and 3-boys (don't need to put in zippers). All clothing is given to Salvation Army; toys go to my church, Toys 4 Tots, & Salvation Army for their Christmas give-aways. So I really do need L-O-T-s of fabric.

Well, I tell myself I need it--have 27 Full boxes in my Living/Dining room, 15 boxes in my bedroom and several more in the extra bedroom.

Couldn't get to the center this week due to rain and my chair not built for any type of water--had to stay home and work on my wall hanging for the swap. It's almost finished. Just needs to be stitched together.

Love your 12-step program Dunster. May I join, too?

Onebyone 08-10-2022 03:19 PM

I have so much fabric that I don't unsew any messed up block. I make a new one and toss the messed up one. I feel justified as it was unfit to use. I haven't missed any block at all.

Quiltwoman44 08-10-2022 04:48 PM

Hmmmm, maybe I shouldn't have purchased that purple fabric with elephants today!!

quiltsfor 08-10-2022 04:56 PM

I just got a new order delivered today. It was a close out sale. I got most of it refolded and ready to add to the shelves, but at the moment it is still sitting on my cutting station. I figured it wouldn't hurt to let it 'relax' before putting it in it's home. I also picked out a few more patterns, which is what I purchased the fabric for!

I guess you could say that I'm preparing myself for the winter! :)

mmunchkins 08-10-2022 06:20 PM

Just remember when people have coin collections, they don't use those coins. So it might be with the fabric collections. Buying or acquiring it is its own reward.

sewbizgirl 08-11-2022 01:05 AM

Yep, lots of us just love collecting fabric. Whether we use it or not is another issue! Just make yourself happy.

Julienm1 08-11-2022 02:40 AM

I'm not buying that much fab now. Mostly neutreals for whatever. My problem is the free table at Project Linus. My body/hands gravitate to the yardage, almost a yard pieces. I have two groups that I go to and the smaller one...well the faciliator is really an enalbler. She knows I dontate several quilts each month so when she goes through the new donations she says Julile, this looks like kyou. I don't want to hurt her feellings so I take it.

ptquilts 08-11-2022 02:55 AM

I was down to a manageable amount of fabric and then received 6 boxes of fabric from a retiring quiltmaker (getting on in years). Beautiful stuff - I passed on about a box' worth to another lady I know who does charity sewing.