Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Flying to St Pete Florida, where are the quilt stores ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/flying-st-pete-florida-where-quilt-stores-t31896.html)

sharon b 12-18-2009 08:11 PM

I am flying to St Petersburg January 30th and will be there a week. Any suggestions on what/where quilts shops I "must" go to ? Anyone living there want to meet up ? Not sure what else I will be doing while there, as I am meeting up with my parents and originally we were going to do Disney ( I have never done Disney :-( ) LOL but not sure if we will make it there. Want to drive over one day to Daytona :wink: thanks for any suggestions

amma 12-19-2009 01:12 AM

Hmmmmm how do I stow away in sharon's suitcase? Do you think she will miss the clothes I will have to take out so I can fit in there? :D:D:D

Moonpi 12-19-2009 01:43 AM

There are a couple members over that way. I don't know St. Pete well, but if you end up in Brandon, the Joann's there is huge. Their quilting section was bigger than most LQS.

NiceNCLady 12-19-2009 04:34 AM

Go to Rainbow's End in Dunedin. It is huge. When I lived in Tampa I HAD to go over there every couple of weeks. You'll love it.

quiltnut4ever 12-19-2009 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
I am flying to St Petersburg January 30th and will be there a week. Any suggestions on what/where quilts shops I "must" go to ? Anyone living there want to meet up ? Not sure what else I will be doing while there, as I am meeting up with my parents and originally we were going to do Disney ( I have never done Disney :-( ) LOL but not sure if we will make it there. Want to drive over one day to Daytona :wink: thanks for any suggestions

You MUST go to the Rainbow Ends Quilt Shoppe in the area. I'll pm you the addy. It has over 10,000 bolts of fabric, patterns and all.

sharon b 12-19-2009 10:56 AM

Thanks for the address... will tell my dad he HAS to take me there :wink: he is a good sport about all this, when we went to Vegas we spent a day driving to different quilt stores

Mousie 12-19-2009 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever

Originally Posted by sharon b

You MUST go to the Rainbow Ends Quilt Shoppe in the area. I'll pm you the addy. It has over 10,000 bolts of fabric, patterns and all.

SLURP...my kind of fabric store!
I'll have to look this up:-D
(oh, I was going to cut down on buying fabric, cuz there's no place to put it...hmm, let's see...could slide some under the mattresses...and...)

amma 12-19-2009 05:00 PM

Yeah Dad!!!:D:D:D What a good GUY :D:D:D

sharon b 12-19-2009 05:02 PM

Mom and Dad are such good sports and get a kick out of watching me walk around a store over.. n... over... n ... over.... LOL And then ask are you sure you are ready to leave ?

Bevanger 12-22-2009 06:46 AM

sounds like a fun trip