Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Version of the Hunter Star (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-version-hunter-star-t319066.html)

Snooze2978 09-03-2022 10:05 AM

My Version of the Hunter Star

4 Attachment(s)
Finally finishing quilt #4 and #5. They're lap size quilts of 55x70 for a couple I know down in Florida in my old congregation. They asked for navy blue, kelly green and white. Found this batik fabric with those colors in my stash as I haven't purchased fabric since Nov 2018. These quilts were supposed to be done back in 2019 but I lost my mojo, had rotor cuff surgery and had a sunroom built onto the back of my kitchen as well as had the kitchen remodeled. Since then I've had to replace the microwave just this past Thursday and the stove just after the kitchen was done last year. These appliances were 15 years old so I guess I got my money's worth. Still have the dishwasher yet so hopefully it will give me a few more years before it decides to follow suit. I replaced the fridge when I bought the house 12 years ago and so glad I did cause the one in the kitchen kicked the bucket on me the following summer. Had it moved downstairs for an extra source of storage for cold items.

Anyway, the patterns I purchased for these quilts didn't work so I searched thru my stash of quilting patterns plus I did use one of the star patterns I did order. The block pattern was part of a collection I used for the border plus the star pattern and then found a Japanese flower pattern for the HST block. Used a navy thread on the border, kelly green on the green HST blocks and silver on the blocks with white in them. Think they'll like them anyway. The gal is part Japanese for reason why I used the one pattern. Still need to finish the hand stitching on the 2nd quilt binding but it's coming along. Also didn't meet my goal in getting them finished and shipped by the end of August but since they don't know they're coming, it's okay.

I also have enough of the backing fabric to piece together and use for another smaller quilt. The label says 2019 as that's when I thought it would be done and I didn't want to have to reembroider another 2 labels to replace them. They'll understand I hope.

For anyone that is curious, I have robotics on my machine as my hands shake too much.

toogie 09-03-2022 10:15 AM

Oh gosh, the quilting is marvelous! Of course the piecing of the top is spectacular, as well. If you have robotics I say use it. A Hunters Star is in my future plans. Yours looks perfect.

Tartan 09-03-2022 10:43 AM

Lovely quilt and quilting!

Quiltwoman44 09-03-2022 01:16 PM

Oh Carroll, Iowa. named after my Father. not really, though his name was Carroll. That is a gorgeous quilt. love the green leaf print around it too. She will cherish it, i'm sure.

pojo 09-03-2022 09:27 PM

beautiful quilt

Mkotch 09-04-2022 01:06 AM

It's gorgeous! I love the way you did the outer part with the green. I am beginning work on a scrappy one this fall. Have gathered all the backgrounds (grays) and will pull colors from stash. Thanks for sharing and giving me a little motivation!

DebLuvsQuiltng 09-04-2022 02:57 AM

Stunningly beautiful!! Nice piecing skills and great color choice.

TheMerkleFamily 09-04-2022 03:06 AM

Wow, that's a beauty! So well designed and pieced - your quilting is perfect! I have a few quilts "in the making" for a few years put together for a family member and I think I will pull them out and get them finished. Thanks for the reminder that "late is better than never!"

tallchick 09-04-2022 03:47 AM

Beautiful quilt and fabrics! Congratulations on the finish.

QuiltBaer 09-04-2022 04:04 AM

Your quilt is beautiful! My quilting machine has robotics too but I can't do anything like that. Just wonderful!