Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 28 Holly (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-28-holly-t319123.html)

sewbizgirl 09-10-2022 09:20 PM

Boom 28 Holly

This will be the dedicated thread for the Boom 28 Holly Swap. All conversation and pictures of finished blocks will be posted here. Lurkers are welcome too! Just jump in and say hello....

ALL F8s due to me, Sewbizgirl, Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2022
I ship F8s back to you no later than Sept. 24, 2022

Holly group’s blocks due to me by Friday, December 30, 2022
I mail Holly's completed blocks back no later than January 3, 2023

Be sure your blocks measure 12.5" when finished.

Please note the final deadline falls right around the holidays, and plan accordingly.

sewbizgirl 09-10-2022 09:30 PM

Holly (3 months) 17

JaniceMcC
Terriamn
Sewbizgirl
Bibliostone
Hav4boys
MJPEncinitas
RebaQuilts
Ibex94
Travelinggramma
Petthefabric
Lstew2212
Cheesehead
Marcialee
Klaws
Mosher92
JayneW
LogCabin82

Janice McC 09-11-2022 02:52 AM

Woo hoo! Found the Holly thread. SBG, good start to the F8s coming in!

Happy Sunday everyone.

sewbizgirl 09-11-2022 05:02 AM

Happy Sunday, Janice! Your avatar quilt really turned out nice.

ibex94 09-11-2022 05:28 AM

Good Morning Holly! Sewbizgirl, you were up pretty early to get this posted on our first day after the call for members ended. Or did you go to bed at all in your excitement of prepping for the launch of Pumpkins and Holly? Thank you either way.

Janice that quilt is beautiful! Who gets it?

Janice McC 09-11-2022 07:15 AM

Thank you for the kind comments but You can’t really tell it from the pic but those blocks are on the design wall, not yet sewn together. I’m working this weekend getting them sewn but I get very bored doing the same thing over and over so it’s taking forever. Hope to be done by Tuesday. Still need an inner border and a pieced outer border. This is the point where I lose interest so I’ve got to push through. I even walked 3.5 miles this am just to avoid the repetitive sewing, as if it won’t still be there. lol. Anyone else have this happen?

And this one is strictly for me.

petthefabric 09-11-2022 07:35 AM

Yeah! Fabric in mail tomorrow.

Cheesehead 09-11-2022 08:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just warming up by making my first block.

Rebaquilts 09-11-2022 08:43 AM

Beautiful block! Love the colors and design! Inspiring!

sewbizgirl 09-11-2022 10:29 AM

Lovely block, Cheesehead! Beautiful fussy cut center.

Janice, when I have boring sewing to do I like to put on a podcast to listen to. I like certain political ones, but there are a ton of quilting ones too. Or, anything else you are interested in. I like the true crime shows, too.

Ibex, I was up at midnight to close the other thread and open Pumpkins and Holly.

Pet, will be watching for your package next week. A couple of people said they were planning to mail on Monday. And some others are due to arrive Monday. So exciting... can't wait to re-sort them and mail them back to you all.