Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hey! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hey-t320322.html)

MarielleR 03-23-2023 04:10 PM

Hey! :)

Hello I’m completely new to this and could use a lot of helpful tips tricks and a good place to start for beginner :)

Peckish 03-23-2023 09:40 PM

Welcome!
What kind of helpful tips and tricks would you like? We need more information about where to start. Do you have any experience quilting or sewing? Or are you looking more specifically for actual quilting tips?
Might start with YouTube - check out some videos from Donna Jordan and Missouri Star, they're great for beginners.

DebLuvsQuiltng 03-24-2023 03:16 AM

Welcome! If completely new to quilting, start with something small like a wall hanging, place mat, table runner. You get all the experiences of piecing, binding, quilting but get to accomplish something without being overwhelmed!!

WMUTeach 03-24-2023 04:03 AM

Welcome. This is a good place to ask questions about quilting. Good community of helpful folks. Wander the site and begin to learn new skills that will bring you quilting success.

SallyS 03-24-2023 07:25 AM

Welcome from sunny (at last!) Southern California. If you can take a class, making something small like a placemat or table runner, that would teach you the basics. YouTube and the Quilting Board are great resources, too.

QuiltMom2 03-25-2023 03:31 AM

Waving hello from Maryland!

Pam S 03-25-2023 03:54 AM

Welcome aboard. We love beginners. Pretty soon we will have you addicted like the rest of us and you'll be constantly thinking about your next quilt.

MarielleR 02-16-2024 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 8594038)
Welcome!
What kind of helpful tips and tricks would you like? We need more information about where to start. Do you have any experience quilting or sewing? Or are you looking more specifically for actual quilting tips?
Might start with YouTube - check out some videos from Donna Jordan and Missouri Star, they're great for beginners.

I’m completely new to everything I was gifted a sewing machine and was trying to find how to use it. Could not find anything about the sewing machine so I gave up for a long time so here I am retrying again

Quiltwoman44 02-17-2024 07:45 AM

what sewing machine do you have? that might help us a bit.

Iceblossom 02-17-2024 07:47 AM

Another welcome aboard! One of my best friends lives in Gilbert,just outside of Phoenix.

If you can give us a name and/or a picture of your sewing machine that would probably help us help you with the sewing machine.

For the quilting part, if you have a goal for a project that would help too -- both on whether it is beginner suitable and with specific hints/help.

There is often a block of shows on PBS (especially if you have a Creates channel) on quilting, some more advanced than others but a good resource. Eleanor Burns and Quilt in a Day might be one of them, she has many beginner suitable projects and books and is available on Youtube if not on PBS. Warning -- some of us have a reaction to her voice but others find it endearing!