Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual quilting weekend April 14-16, 2023 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-april-14-16-2023-a-t320467.html)

Raggiemom 04-13-2023 05:35 PM

Virtual quilting weekend April 14-16, 2023

Welcome to the April VQW. What are your plans for this weekend? I have a pile of quilt tops hanging over the upstairs railing. Several are quite small. My goal is to finish some of these and shrink the pile.

Next VQW is May 12-14, 2023.

cherrybsixty 04-14-2023 12:28 AM

Good morning VQW'ers and thank you Heather for hosting another weekend. Just lurking as usual but I enjoy the time seeing what the others produce. Not much on my table but some floss string clippings, I am trying to get ready to go back to Kansas for my spring visit. So I am starting to pack, there is a sewing machine waiting on me. So everyone have a productive weekend

cherrybsixty

tallchick 04-14-2023 12:28 AM

Thanks for hosting again Heather, I am definitely in! I want to finish binding my Soar quilt, load the next quilt and get that going then finish piecing the backing for 2 more tops and get the binding ready for all three. I am really looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on.

aashley333 04-14-2023 02:33 AM

I am so excited! I'm taking my first instructional class today! I joined a local quilting guild yesterday and signed up for the class. I need scraps to create a satirical portrait type wall hanging. Tomorrow, I'm at the Bernina store learning to operate my new Bernette. After all of that, I have a kaleidoscope top that needs borders to finish.

sschick 04-14-2023 04:57 AM

I am hoping to get some more quilting done on a log cabin each day. It is a queen size, so a lot of quilting. Just doing some SID and X's through the centers of each block (42 in all). I want to get this one done before the summer humidity hits.

thimblebug6000 04-14-2023 05:57 AM

The mystery I am doing at https://frommycarolinahome.com blog had a new step released this morning so will work on that first, and then hopefully put the border on some blocks I made from https://www.devotedquilter.com blog. Look forward to seeing what everyone is working on.

happylab 04-14-2023 06:03 AM

Good morning, I’m in. My goals: (1) to quilt 2 baby quilts for a friend; (2) put r/w/blk top together; (3). set up wolf top on long arm & start quilting; (4) Bind lock-in 2020; (5) Finish sewing 2 Project Linus projects.

rryder 04-14-2023 07:57 AM

Good morning everyone! Thanks for hosting Heather.

I am still working on clue 2 of this year's Bonnie Hunter mystery. I'm almost finished with it and hope to get it done today or tomorrow so I can start on clue 3. Years ago I swore I'd never do another Bonnie Hunter because I find it tedious to make the same units over and over again, but my scrap drawers were all overflowing and this was the best way I could motivate myself to work on them. Plus I got to buy two new specialty rulers to play with- not that they are necessary since she gives instructions for making the units without them, but I love playing with rulers and figured they would be an added incentive to get me moving on my scrap pile.

I am also organizing my scrap drawers as I go because they got way out of hand this past year. So far I've got the 1.5" square and strips drawer under control and also the 2" square and strips drawer. Now working on 3.5" square and strips drawer.

I've also got a little more quilting to do on the Angela Walters filler challenge- so I may take some time to finish that up as well. And I've got an art quilt that needs to be bound and two sandwiched quilts ready to be quilted whenever I get the Sweet Sixteen freed up. So plenty to do!

Can't wait to see what everyone else is working on.

Rob

WMUTeach 04-14-2023 09:25 AM

Yes, I am back for the weekend. I just finished a UFO from 2008. The only part done today was the label. I posted it in the UFO Thread.

Goals for the weekend:
Make 5 blocks for my Harrisonburg quilt (Colored pieces are cut, background is not.)
Make 4 pillowcases for donation ( 8 cut and 4 finished).

Spend time with grand children;)

Happylab, you must plan on not sleeping this weekend! Tee-Hee-Hee. Lofty goals, but go for it Like others I love to see photos of everyone's progress.

Raggiemom 04-14-2023 02:57 PM

cherrybsixty--have fun packing!

aashley333--how did your class go? Which Bernette do you have? I own a B38 but have been thinking about the B77.

sschick--how is your queen quilt coming along?

Thimblebug6000--thanks! I checked out your mystery quilt and am now thinking about doing it. Because I don't have enough projects already started! :)

WMUTeach, rryder, happylab, tallchick--good luck on your to-do lists this weekend. May we all be super productive.

It has been a beautiful day here. Blue skies and lots of sunshine, temps in mid 70s. I just need to stitch down the binding on two quilts tomorrow (by machine of course!) and two will be done. I have a couple more quilts sandwiched and ready to quilt. Definitely making some progress and using some of my backing leftovers. Now it's time to watch the Yankees so perhaps I'll pull out some sashiko to work on.