Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Niagara non-aerosol Spray Starch (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/niagara-non-aerosol-spray-starch-t321682.html)

WesternWilson 10-17-2023 02:56 PM

Niagara non-aerosol Spray Starch

1 Attachment(s)
I live in Canada and as far as I know, you cannot get the non-aerosol Niagara Fresh Linen scent starch in stores here at all. Please correct me if I am wrong!

I used to get it at Safeway when I visited nearby Washington State. But I have just run out of the 15 bottles I bought some years ago....does Safeway still sell it and if so, what does it cost now? It was around $4 last time I stocked up.

I can get it from Amazon.ca for about $12 per bottle, which seems really high in price. Or am I just out of touch?!

tallchick 10-17-2023 03:10 PM

I too can’t find it anywhere here in Ohio. I believe they discontinued making it, I am very sad, it was my favorite starch! I dislike the aresol cans I now use StaFlow and I am happy with that.

ElaineCovid 10-17-2023 03:55 PM

I bought the liquid starch in a big bottle and make my own mix as needed - from Walmart in Pennsylvania when we crossed the lake by boat- It's been awhile since I bought any, so I can't say what the price is now.

cashs_mom 10-17-2023 04:53 PM

The Niagara website doesn't show the non aerosol spray starch. The only non aerosol is a smooth finish ironing spray. It does seem to be discontinued. I get big bottles of Stay-Flo and mix my own in Best Press spray bottles.

Onebyone 10-17-2023 06:13 PM

It hasn't been available in a long time. What I do is mix a little Sta Flo with Best Press. It really makes a difference and no flakes.

sewingitalltogether 10-18-2023 12:06 AM

I bought a gallon of Acorn earlier this year from Amazon. It was $69. Should last me quite a long time. It was what they were using at a Judy Niemeyer workshop.

toverly 10-18-2023 05:34 AM

I read somewhere, probably here, that they were bought out by Faultless and they quit making it. I use StaFlo now, less than $5.00 for 2 pints at Walmart and I put it in a spray bottle. The only thing I notice is it being wetter but then, I dilute it half and half with water.

WesternWilson 10-18-2023 06:47 AM

What a shame about the non aerosol Niagara...gosh that stuff kept for years and had a lovely scent.

Walmarts in Canada do not sell laundry starch of any kind! So next time I am in the US I will hunt up a bottle of StaFlo, thanks ladies for the recommendation.

I have mixed up a "make it at home" spray starch recipe and will report back on how well it works.

Onebyone 10-18-2023 06:54 AM

I have spay starch, spay sizing, Flatter, Terial, Best Press, Acorn, Magic Premium Crafting and Quilting spray, Sta Flo, vodka/water mix and several boxes of starch powder. I can compare any one to any one. For stiffer than starch I use Terial especially when there is bias. When I started adding a little Sta Flo to each of the other sprays in bottles, they all improved.

Peckish 10-18-2023 12:00 PM

They discontinued making it before the pandemic. I wrote several emails begging, complaining, asking, etc. Never heard a single peep back. 😡😡