Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Greetings from frigid Florida?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/greetings-frigid-florida-t33561.html)

SuSu 01-08-2010 09:30 AM

I just found the forum and as Florida is having a blast of cold weather, I thought a good time for indoor activities. How cold you ask? So cold that the iguanas are falling out of the trees!

I am a retired educator and started quilting about 7 years ago. I learned to sew when young and used to make all of my children's clothes. Now I sew some for grandchildren. I have been so busy with work for the last 8 years as a HS administrator that I was beginning to think my hobby had become "collecting fabric." I am in the process of moving to a larger condo and can't wait to unpack my new sewing area and set up a new mid-arm (18")) machine!

Just reading the lists of topics has me itching to lay out fabric, dig through the patterns and get going!!

QBeth 01-08-2010 09:46 AM

Welcome aboard! As a recent member, I can tell you the people are great and this board is a great learning center! As for your hobby becoming "collecting fabric," what's wrong with that? :-)

Jim's Gem 01-08-2010 10:21 AM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!

littlehud 01-08-2010 02:05 PM

Hello and welcome from snowy SW Iowa. Glad to have you here.

BKinCO 01-08-2010 02:19 PM

Welcome from CO! Where are you in Central FL? We lived there for 10 years!

Oklahoma Suzie 01-08-2010 03:14 PM

Hi and welcome from Oklahoma.

Shemjo 01-08-2010 03:35 PM

Hello, and welcome from Missouri! And are you saying I can't continue to collect and add to my stash? BooHoo

Corry 01-08-2010 05:15 PM

Good to meet you, Sue. I am from frigid Florida too. Crazy, isn't it, this weather!! I am down in Okeechobee freezin my bum off...lol My name is Corry and I started quilting about 2 yrs ago. I just love it and have been collecting stash for the next 6 quilts!! I have about that many planned and hope to get at least 3 done this year. At least that is my goal. lol I enjoy doing the crazy quilt thing. I started one with Christmas fabrics but got busy with the holiday so it is lost in my sewing room some where... I am looking forward to seeing some of your quilts. I think I am going to try and take some photos in the morning of my most recent quilt I finished and send it in here to the group. Hope you can share some of yours soon.

quiltswithdogs 01-08-2010 06:55 PM

Welcome Sue from Northern California!
I lived in the Florida Keys for 2 years so I know you are not used to the cold. Here, a really cold day is in the 40s but luckily pretty rare and you should see all the heavy clothes I wear. I only want to be in snow when I go on purpose, for a fun vacation.

You will learn so much here and make friends too. Enjoy and participate. You can share your knowledge and remember that if you have a question, somebody here is surely wondering the same thing and is grateful when you bring it up.
Cathy

SuSu 01-08-2010 08:36 PM

Always add to your stash -- but sometimes you have to stop and SEW! That was the piece i was missing!