Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   YOUNG (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/young-t34719.html)

gvmitchell 01-21-2010 10:13 AM

HELLO ALL! I AM A 27 YEAR OLD MOMMY OF ONE WITH ONE ON THE WAY FROM INDIANA WHO WITH A LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE (OPEN HEART SURGERY) HAS OPENED MY EYES TO WHAT REALLY MATTERS IN LIFE. I STARTED OUT MY CHANGING MY LIFESTYLE AND DIET (TO MORE ORGANIC HOMEGROWN FOODS). THEN I BRAVED THE WORLD OF CANNING AND NOW I PROCLAIM MYSELF A CANNING QUEEN. MOST RECENTLY I ASKED MY WONDERFUL YAYA WHO IS LIKE A SECOND MOM TO ME TO TEACH ME THE IN'S AND OUT'S OF QUILTING. :thumbup: I AM SUPER DUPER EXCITED BUT I KNOW I HAVE LOTS TO LEARN. SO FAR I HAVE CREATED TWO BABY QUILTS, 3 THROW PILLOWS AND A TABLE RUNNER. I KNOW THAT I AM GOING TO GO FAR WITH THIS. LOOKING FOR LOTS OF SUPPORT AND KNOWLEDGE FROM ALL YOU VETERN QUILTERS.

dakotamaid 01-21-2010 10:25 AM

Welcome from central Iowa. You will find lots of information on the board as well many fun and energetic people. :D

gvmitchell 01-21-2010 10:33 AM

Thanks so much! I have been watching the boards for a little over a month and finally desided to jump in!

Jim's Gem 01-21-2010 11:12 AM

Welcome to the board from Southern California! So glad to have you here. Hope your health is in great order now!!

Miss Kitty 01-21-2010 12:46 PM

Welcome to the board. You will find a lot of information and a
lot of talented people here. I love to garden and can also.
We have canned for 40+ years. Love the fresh veggies. We try to find something different each year.

Like you, I have had 2 open-heart surgeries. My first one
was 31 years ago. I worked for 30 years and am now retired.
Have never felt better. Just keep your dr's appointments.
Let the Lord take care of the rest.

Glad to have you here.

CrystalKicks 01-21-2010 12:46 PM

Welcome young...Im a year younger than you :blush:

2 Doods 01-21-2010 12:51 PM

Hello and Welcome from Oregon!
Glad you joined us.

montanaquilter 01-21-2010 01:05 PM

Hello!! welcome from montana! i just started quilting myself and yes you'll probably go far with that positive attitude. of course we love to see picutres of all your beautiful creations!! isn't canning wonderful?! I've been canning for awhile now and love it--having all that home grown garden stuff all winter long is the best!! Plus all the fruit made into jams and jellies--yum yum!! Look forward to seeing you around sometime.

mysacrifice 01-21-2010 04:37 PM

Hi! Welcome to the board! Reading your post caused my heart to jump; I, too, had a medical-life-changing event in '05 caused by medical negligence, and I completely understand what you are meaning in your post and how changing things, new perspectives and dieting/eating health have become so important. Nothing like suffering or near-death experiences to give you a "jolt" of life, eh?. I am 34, but was 30 at the time.

I am new as well to quilting, but let me tell you, I am HOOKED! Totally! Lol. Congratulations on your recovery, your baby on the way, and your second chance of starting over and doing it right! I've studied for year's clean eating, dieting and weight-lifting and have totally transformed my life. I will never, ever suffer with any medical issues again. Period. I would love to hear more about your canning, as this is always something I have wanted to do.

Sincerely, Tina from Arkansas.

bopeep 01-21-2010 04:41 PM

HI & WELCOME FROM NC...
I Pray your health is better now....
Sounds like you are a busy girl....'
And Yes we Love pictures.....
bopeep