Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tin Lizzie (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tin-lizzie-t36879.html)

BabsO 02-14-2010 10:03 AM

I am purchasing a Tin Lizzie . ..
Those who own one . . how do you like it???
Do you like the poles????

Thanks for comments . . . :-)

adnerb25 02-14-2010 11:54 AM

Hi BabsO,
I have a Tin Lizzie 18LS. I got it at the quilt show in New Jersey two years ago. I have only done about 3 quilts on it as I am still working and can't seem to find the time. The quilts that I did do came out nicely. I am still learning a lot about longarm quilting. There is a yahoo group specifically for the Tin Lizzie that you might like to join. I have gotten a tremendous amount of information from the ladies on that site. They are really knowledgeable. As far as the poles, I like them much better than the first set-up that I had. I used to have the Pfaff GrandQuilter and Inspira frame. It did a beautiful job, but there just wasn't enough space to quilt in. I went with the Tin Lizzie because I tried a few of the machines out at the quilt show and I liked the way that it moved the best. It was also in my price range. Good luck and have fun.
Brenda R. (New Jersey)

MaryStoaks 02-14-2010 12:11 PM

I have the older, 95 pound, Lizzie 18. I could not be happier with it. This machine is built to last. Mine has heavy, very sturdy poles, made from electrical pipes, love them. I don't know anything about the newer models but I love my machine (my husband says I pet it). I bought mine second-hand and it had been in for service and needle updating before I bought it. Congratulations on your new machine!

Oklahoma Suzie 02-14-2010 02:23 PM

congrats on your new machine

skjquiltnut 02-14-2010 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
I have the older, 95 pound, Lizzie 18. I could not be happier with it. This machine is built to last. Mine has heavy, very sturdy poles, made from electrical pipes, love them. I don't know anything about the newer models but I love my machine (my husband says I pet it). I bought mine second-hand and it had been in for service and needle updating before I bought it. Congratulations on your new machine!

Could you post a photo of your setup? Thanks, just never saw one before.

BabsO 02-14-2010 07:30 PM

It gets set up tomorrow . . . I will send you a pix then . . .

MaryStoaks 02-14-2010 08:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of mine, the older model. The new ones have improvements. I have it set up in my kitchen, small house, we have to eat in the livingroom. I have disconnected the stitch length regulator as I don't use it. Excuse the backing remnants from the last quilt I did (still on the rails). :oops: I'm looking forward to seeing the new model when you put it up tomorrow, I've never seen one.

my Tin Lizzie 18
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7628[/ATTACH]

Loretta 02-14-2010 08:46 PM

Congratulations. I'm green with envy. LOL

Gramof6 02-14-2010 10:20 PM

Congratulations on your new machine. I hope you will have many happy years & quilts together.

knlsmith 02-15-2010 03:22 AM

:hunf: I am so green with envy. I have been drooling over this machine for a year now. Oh if only I were born RIch instead of so darn cute! ROFL