Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi from Mississippi (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-mississippi-t379.html)

Tomi56 01-06-2007 05:20 PM

:D This looks like a really nice forum. I am not new to quilting but I do
a lot of crafting. I am trying to start a quilt for our son-in-law. He is active
in the military and overseas. I thought while I'm praying I will make him a quilt. Do any of you lap quilt?
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are having the best new year ever.

Minda 01-06-2007 06:15 PM

Hello and welcome. I've done some lap quilting. It's so much easier to quilt the smaller pieces instead of a large size quilt. I like it because it's easy to take it with me when I'm away from home. My thoughts are with you and I hope your son-in-law returns home safely. Have a happy and safe new year.

Minda

BarbC 01-06-2007 06:43 PM

Hi -- I'm in Mississippi too! Glad you have joined us. I don't lap quilt, but I made a quilt a few months ago for a friend who has breast cancer and I prayed while working on it. Sort of like a prayer quilt. No power in that quilt... but I told her it was a reminder that she is being prayed for. Barb C.

Minda 01-07-2007 09:59 AM

Barb C, What a nice way to let someone know how much you care.

Minda

nanner 01-07-2007 07:59 PM

HI....WHERE IS HE SERVING? I HAVE A SON IN AFGHANISTAN, TO DONE WITH HIS YEAR THE END OF MARCH. I MADE HIM A PATRIOTIC (LARGE) TWIN SIZE............IT WAS COOL......IT IS VERY COLD THERE NOW AND HE LOVES IT! PRAYERS BE WITH HIM AS WE THANK ALL OF OUR TROOPS FOR THEIR SERVICE!! GOD BLESS HIM AND ALLM OF OUR GUYS AND GALS!! NANCY FROM WI.

gamby 01-18-2007 09:17 PM

I just happened upon this site. I am from Mississippi also. I am just recently gotten serious about quilting.

BarbC 01-18-2007 09:38 PM

What part of the state do you live in? I am in the Jackson area. Barb C

gamby 01-18-2007 10:29 PM

I live in Vicksburg. What part of Jackson do you live in? Are you a member of a quilt guild in Jackson. I can only find one in Vicksburg and it doesn't seem to be very active or involved. I am retired and would enjoy joining a group who meets during the week.

BarbC 01-19-2007 08:58 AM

I am not too terribly far from Vburg... I am in Clinton. I come to Stitch N Frame in Vicksburg every now and then.

I am not in a group. There is a group in Jackson. There are 2 groups in Clinton.. 1 meets at the Library once a week.. Tuesday mornings I think. I went to that some, but they really don't do anything other than sit and talk while they work on crafts. There is a group that meets on Tuesday nights (the 2nd Tuesday of the month I think) at Wildwood Baptist Church (down Springridge Road). I think they are pretty active. Unfortunatly Tuesday nights don't work for me... I have Bible study and my son has band practice at our church.

Barb

annette 04-09-2007 07:47 PM

Hi Barb i live in Oklahoma City Okla. was born in Mt. Bayou Miss. what part of Miss. do you live in i'll be glad when i can quilt as well as you can.

Annette