Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   UNBELIEVABLE GIFT (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/unbelievable-gift-t39119.html)

STAR 03-10-2010 05:04 AM

5 Attachment(s)
well this past weekend I went to my moms. she has a friend that is also a quilter. her friend has not quilted in about 4 yrs maybe longer and wanted to get rid of all her stuff :shock: she told my mom to come and get it all. my mom thought she was joking.... well they finally had a get together and again she said come and get it. she said I am giving it to Star, and you, mostly me :mrgreen: . so i went there and could not believe what she was giving away. ALL but 3 totes from her stash is now here at my house, well my mom kept 2 totes at her place but still. I am sure she has givin me a few thousand in material, books, etc. I even have a quilt frame and a mini iron I am in the process of sorting through it and trying to fold and pack in a way that I can see and access it all easier. there are several fabrics that have atleast 8 yds!! so now I have backing!! she paid$$$ per yd for a lot of these. I was so guilty after picking it up becauase I felt like I robbed her. she told me that I saved her life :oops: she also said that if I buy any material in the next year that I deserve to die :evil: I am going on a shop hop with DH this weekend :twisted: but DH said that it is exempt and after that I can't buy for atleast six months ;-) I can handle that!! now where do I start........

bags of scraps
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3936[/ATTACH]

totes still on porch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3937[/ATTACH]

more scraps and started blocks, not the dog food
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3968[/ATTACH]

more in my sewing room, look at all the FQ's
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4009[/ATTACH]

Justquilting 03-10-2010 05:05 AM

What a generous gift!

Enjoy!

marsye 03-10-2010 05:06 AM

OH MY!!!! Jackpot!!!! That looks like what my aunt gave me a couple of years ago!

MarthaVA 03-10-2010 05:08 AM

wow - you hit the jackpot! If you find you have too much, I just started quilting and am trying to build my stash. ;) Just kidding! That's amazing tho. Have fun with it all!

dakotamaid 03-10-2010 05:09 AM

Lucky you, I wouldn't know where to start. Wouldn't it be cool to make her something special!

STAR 03-10-2010 05:12 AM

There is so much!! I am just doing a quick sort right now. I even got patterns and books. I would make her something but she doesn't want anything. she doesn't even want to see what I make from it. she just wanted it all gone.

I was sad for her but happy for me.

dakotamaid 03-10-2010 05:15 AM

Your Karma must be good. I'm happy for you, now go and SEW!

Well, maybe sort first! :D :D :D :D

Quilt4u 03-10-2010 05:26 AM

Looks like you hit the mother load. Have fun.

danmar 03-10-2010 05:31 AM

OMG!!! You hit the jackpot there!!! Have fun sorting and "feeling" all the material. If you need to get rid of any let me know and I'll send you my address!!! Lucky girl!

deedles215 03-10-2010 05:33 AM

That's AWESOME!!! Great friend :lol:
Enjoy it!