Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Charity Purse I made ... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/charity-purse-i-made-t39288.html)

RedGarnet222 03-11-2010 05:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone ... I made this tote for a silent auction that is for the nevada diabetes assoc. here in reno. It was supposed to be a part of the Drive for Diabetes golf tournement happening soon. Well my neighbor loved it and bought it for seventy five dollars last night. Since it was her, I made her the cell phone case and garage door opener case that fits snugly into the upper portion of the spare key holder. It looks about the size of a tube of lipstick, as you can see.
Anyway, here is the pictures ... I hope you enjoy it.

A close up of the antique buttons and fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6040[/ATTACH]

The front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6041[/ATTACH]

The back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6042[/ATTACH]

RedGarnet222 03-11-2010 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and last the inside ... Yes, that is the garage door opener in the case.
Oh, by the way the name of the purse is nevada mining. I promised to make a label for her to sew inside.

inside details
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6043[/ATTACH]

vicki75 03-11-2010 06:03 PM

WOW...you did a great job!

Maggie_Sue 03-11-2010 06:06 PM

That is just beautiful!!! Love the extra pieces!!!

DebraK 03-11-2010 06:09 PM

Way cool!

dkabasketlady 03-11-2010 06:33 PM

Very nice and sew perfect having accessories to match!! Does this mean you have to make another one for the silent auction?

love2quilt... 03-11-2010 06:53 PM

That's stunning! Seems you could sell those in any local boutique shop.

Sharon M 03-11-2010 06:53 PM

WOW you did a fantastic job and love the accessories that go with it. One lucky lady to have that. I am sure she will get many positive comments when she carries it and you may get more orders. :D

littlehud 03-11-2010 07:56 PM

That is so pretty. Great job.

RedGarnet222 03-11-2010 08:21 PM

Thanks everyone! This is the first project that actually took a hold of me and would not leave me alone until I put the last stitch in it. It took me three days to make the block pieces, quilt it all and assemble it all together.

Oh no! I asked her to make the check out to the diabetes association and it will be mailed to them tomorrow. Seventy five bucks was worth it all. It was the most perfectly made bag I have ever made. And an art quilt to boot....LOL!

Kitty (the lady that bought it) is a quilter and will be at three different quilt groups within the next two weeks and will wear it to show it off. She is in love with it. (blushing here)

One of her quilt groups has asked me to give a purse workshop because of previous bags kitty has I made her and she has gotten lots of interest over. But, I haven't had the time as yet to do it. Truthfully, I just don't know if I have the right stuff to be a teacher. Too shy!

She is also going to the concord quilt show around the third week of this month and taking it with her there. I know she would show it to anyone if you girls are attending that show.
At any rate, I am thrilled you girls love it. I worked hard on it! LOL!