Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A mini hint when we do Rhonda's bookmark's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mini-hint-when-we-do-rhondas-bookmarks-t40231.html)

oksewglad 03-21-2010 12:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I do lots of mini's and those little pieces can easily get lost :roll: So if you have an old flannel backed vinyl tablecloth, cut it up into large squares. 14 1/2" ones hold a 12 inch block pieces. These squares are about 8"--perfect for the mini's. The small pieces stick to the flannel, you can stack multiple squares as the vinyl side of the top square doesn't stick to the flannel side of the bottom.

These are 1" HST sewn into Broken Dishes block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21154[/ATTACH]

quiltlady 03-21-2010 12:45 PM

Great tip. I've used whole table cloths on retreats never thought to cut it up for minis.

craftybear 03-21-2010 01:37 PM

Awesome tip, thanks for sharing!

littlehud 03-21-2010 04:49 PM

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Blue Bell 03-21-2010 05:00 PM

Thanks for the tip. What a great idea. I have used a flannel backed tablecloth as a design board but never thought of cutting it up into smaller squares and using them for setting out blocks. Super great idea.

n2scraplvr 03-21-2010 05:16 PM

That's a great tip, G! I'm like everyone else here -- never thought of cutting it into usable sizes. I covered pizza boxes with flannel and use them as a portable easel as a mini design board that I put a pillow behind to prop up, use pizza boxes (with no flannel) to transport cut pieces to the machine. One box stays loaded with stashes of fabrics I've pulled for a project and I carry that back and forth. Pizza boxes are great for the sewing room! :-D :-D

oksewglad 03-21-2010 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
That's a great tip, G! I'm like everyone else here -- never thought of cutting it into usable sizes. I covered pizza boxes with flannel and use them as a portable easel as a mini design board that I put a pillow behind to prop up, use pizza boxes (with no flannel) to transport cut pieces to the machine. One box stays loaded with stashes of fabrics I've pulled for a project and I carry that back and forth. Pizza boxes are great for the sewing room! :-D :-D

For scrap 9 patches or double 4's I have placed the squares on the vinyl flannel squares and then stacked a whole quilt of blocks one atop the other. Putting them in the pizza box would be a great addition to that.

n2scraplvr 03-21-2010 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr

For scrap 9 patches or double 4's I have placed the squares on the vinyl flannel squares and then stacked a whole quilt of blocks one atop the other. Putting them in the pizza box would be a great addition to that.

It sure would! I know some who even do that with their projects. One girl went to a pizza shop and asked for a pizza box and they gave her one! We order alot through carry-out so I saved all sizes of pizza boxes and they're just deep enough to stack all your projects in them one-on-top-of-another!

:-D :-D

Rainbow 03-22-2010 09:55 AM

Neat ideas !!!!

Oklahoma Suzie 03-22-2010 01:29 PM

thanks for the idea