Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The Newbie: LUCKY LUCY (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/newbie-lucky-lucy-t41129.html)

Elisabrat 03-29-2010 02:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A bit back I was trying to pull a dog from a high kill shelter but it was one of the very few lucky ones and had been adopted the same exact day I went for it. VERY LUCKY. Then came this kitty. A man had posted he had a female cat who was pregnant for the THIRD time and he couldnt let her have babies there so someone had to adopt her or she went to the pound. GRRR is a small understatement. She is only 1.4 yrs old, her last litter was born in early Nov. Here it is March and she is due anyday. So I took her. She can have a home with me as will one or two of her babies. I will spay/neuter/vaccinate the others and find them GOOD homes too. I am still going to get that dog when the next right one says ADOPT ME. Rescue is tough.. there are 10 billion that say that. But since this is a lifetime commitment I am waiting for the next one that smiles like the one that got a home. Here is Lucy. She is due any hour now and a super sweet little girl on her terms. The man also said that his brother loved to sneak up on her and scare her because it was funny to watch her jump. Imagine why she is a bit shy? I think a kid did that I would be angy. These were 50 yr old MEN. I was furious. She loves loving when she is ready for it.. runs if you come to her but I think with time she will be over that too. Trust will come with time. I will post her babies when they arrive. She is now in theory 62 days out so maybe tomorrow!

Rhonda 03-29-2010 02:57 PM

What a beautiful cat!! She is so soft looking and so healthy looking! She is certainly blessed you came along for her!! Can't wait to see what the kittens turn out like. Wish I could have one but not allowed to get anything more til the animals I have are gone.

LeslieSkelly 03-29-2010 02:58 PM

Ahhh poor baby....it's good you have her. I have a rescue kitty that was abandoned under my mobile home. Her name is Lola. I haven't ever been a cat person because I have always been allergic....but we bottle fed her from @ 10 days old and I haven't had any problems with allergies....thank goodness....I just love her.

Marjpf 03-29-2010 03:01 PM

Beautiful cat. Since this is her third litter, don't be surprised if you are looking for about 6 good homes! Glad she found you.

littlehud 03-29-2010 03:27 PM

What a beautiful kitty. She is lucky to find you. Her last owners sound awful. And I know the right dog will come along someday. Nearly all my dear pets are rescue pets. I love them all.

katiebear1 03-29-2010 03:31 PM

Bless you for adopting her. I too adopt alll my animal companions from shelters. I have four dogs now. Whenever we lose one to old age we adopt another pretty quick. We are not replacong our beloved pet, but giving another wonderful dog a forever home. I wish I could adopt more, but four is the maximum I can give proper care to ( the best food, vet care, etc.) Like my DH says "You can't save them all" I just wish I could.

BKinCO 03-29-2010 04:19 PM

She's beautiful!!!! Let us see the babies when they arrive!!!

sewjoyce 03-29-2010 04:20 PM

Lucy is a real beauty!! But poor baby -- pregnant again so soon! So glad you adopted her -- I know she'll have an excellent home with you and soon will have you trained so you know exactly what she wants and when :lol: :lol:

DebraK 03-29-2010 04:25 PM

Lucy is quite lovely. You have a good heart.

earthwalker 03-29-2010 04:29 PM

What a pretty cat....well done Elisabrat you are a pussycat's dream angel! Quilters surely do have the biggest hearts. Would love to see pictures of the little ones when they arrive. Blessings to you and your fur people.