Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi Everyone, I'm new to the scene! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-everyone-im-new-scene-t42425.html)

Fab-a-holic 04-11-2010 02:52 PM

I have spent lots of time reading what you are doing. It has made me think I may not belong with such an experienced group. I do have some pictures, but most of them are in storage as I recently moved. I will show them as I retrieve them. I am now living in a nursing home, having come here with the idea that I would be home in six months, but that has gone by the wayside. I need surgery on my hip, but they are not recommending it at the present. I have two sons, Lee who lives in Austin, Texas, and lost his wife Feb.1st. My other son was an industrial tech teacher, and cancer took him in 1996. I retired in 1999 and am ready to do wonderful quilts like you.

clem55 04-11-2010 03:10 PM

We welcome you with open arms. There is lots of love on this forum and we do like to care about what is happening to our quilting friends. Bless you, and I hope your nursing home stay isn't very long. My young niece had a stroke, then bypass surgery, then removal of a tumor on her adrenal gland, and will soon start chemo treatments for bone cancer in her spine. She is paralyzed in one leg, and has limited use of one arm. I love her so much and all I can think about is her being in that same bed and room for almost a year now.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 04-11-2010 03:21 PM

No experience is necessary to hang out with us! I knew nothing when I showed up and these lovely folks have got me going pretty well. This is a great place to be whether you need quilting advice or just a good laugh.

Jump on in and have fun.

brushandthimble 04-11-2010 03:29 PM

welcome from MA

Kellie G 04-11-2010 04:03 PM

Welcome from Michigan....hope your stay is a short one...you will love these people...they are very sweet and helpful...

Fab-a-holic 04-11-2010 05:33 PM

I really have jumped in as I brought nothing with me. I came straight from the hospital. I have been buying fabric and searching for Judy Martins, Jewel of the Prairie pattern. I also have seen it called, Shakespeare in the Park. The book is out of print, told me by Judy herself. It was in Fons and Porters magazine in 2005, but that has been sold out. I was able to find a picture of it. I also want to do a Komono Rose quilt and have a picture of it, finally got the pattern from ebay. I am presently doing a baby quilt, called Diamond Patch. Since I hadn't been sewing for awhile I thought I should start on something small and simple.

sewgull 04-11-2010 05:35 PM

Glad to have you joined the group. I know I am not the best quilter, but I have learned a lot here. Hope your nursing home visit is short. You have just enlarged your family by joining..
Welcome from S.C.

Jim's Gem 04-11-2010 06:01 PM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!!

STEMSAM 04-11-2010 06:04 PM

Welcome from Louisiana.

MamaBear61 04-11-2010 06:17 PM

Hello and welcome from Ontario