Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy & Raggy Log Cabins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-raggy-log-cabins-t42770.html)

Barb_MO 04-14-2010 09:32 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I made these log cabin quilts from my scraps. It is very hard for me to do scrappy quilts because I keep wanting to arrange the fabrics so everything blends together. For these, I really tried to sew on what I picked up.
First quilt was for my son and his wife. I did this one raggy. Sewed the blocks and backed it with a square made from a light and a dark triangle so I would get the diagonal light and dark lines on the back same as front. I quilted the blocks free motion curved line x line and more curvy line along some of the logs. Then sewed the blocks together and clipped the seams and outer edge to fray.

2nd quilt is for grandson and his girlfriend. It is pieced and sew together in the regular way. It is quilted all over meander, back was pieced to be same size of the blocks on back. That created a little problem in getting the sandwich edges straight and quilting without extra batting and backing to hold on to while quilting.

This is the front (daughter-in-law's side)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60026[/ATTACH]

this is son's side of the quilt. Hope you all don't notice the two block turned the wrong direction
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60027[/ATTACH]

grandson & girlfriend's quilt front (girlfriend's side)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60028[/ATTACH]

back (grandson's side)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60029[/ATTACH]

need to show y free motion quilting with teal thread...hope there are no bird nests showing.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60105[/ATTACH]

sharon b 04-14-2010 09:44 PM

Great job on both :thumbup: I think that is why i haven't down a scrappy yet, I like to have set colors :? Great way to overcome it :mrgreen:

earthwalker 04-14-2010 09:47 PM

They are beautiful and not a bird's nest in sight. The colours are really pretty.

Pickles 04-14-2010 09:49 PM

Love them both you do such nice work :thumbup:

charismah 04-14-2010 10:15 PM

I like them both..you are so good at coordinating everything...as in pattern...I make some scrappy's planned and others completely random....

SulaBug 04-14-2010 10:44 PM

Your quilts are truly wonderful!! :thumbup: I would never have thought to make a quilt two sided, for two different people. What a great idea. You have done a great job making them!!
:D :D :D :D

alaskasunshine 04-14-2010 11:02 PM

Wonderful 2 sided quilts. Such a cool idea :thumbup: Your quilts are beautiful!!!

Gal 04-15-2010 02:03 AM

Love all of these, especially the first one!!

Gal

rootyr 04-15-2010 02:10 AM

Great job!

sewcrafty 04-15-2010 02:30 AM

Wonderful job!! Boy, do I understand what you mean by scrappies. I'm going to do a scrappie triple irish chain for my dad and even picking out the fabrics to do in scrappy was a very interesting experience for me. Talk about a controlled scrappy!! I'm actually wondering if its even going to show up as a scrappy! :lol: :lol: