Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Santa block swap ( signup closes July 15, 2010) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/santa-block-swap-signup-closes-july-15-2010-a-t43321.html)

pvquilter 04-20-2010 09:09 AM

SANTA BLOCK SWAP (Pictures on page 3)

Please use 100% pre-washed cotton Use a background color that is a good contrast to the Santa.

Your blocks can be embroidered, appliqued, pieced and embellishments can be used. Let your creative juices flow.

lst Option= 12- 12.5 unfinished Santa Blocks ( 1 set is 12 blocks). If you make these you will receive the same size block and amount that you sent.

2nd Option: Various sizes

A set will equal 6 blocks...you may make as many sets as you would like to receive back...for instance, if you make 1 set (6 blocks), you will receive 6 blocks back.....if you make 2 sets (12 blocks), you will receive 12 blocks back . Pictures on page 3 of swap. Blocks can be any size that is divisable by 3"..(3,6,9,12) they can be square.. or they can be rectangular.(Note: Since we are all sending in different sizes and different amounts, no one will end up with similar sets, so please feel free to make your six blocks in a set the same, similar, or different. It may be easier on you if they are the same, but so long as you mail to me in sets of 6, you can do whatever fits your stash!)

The swap is open to all experience levels.

If you want one of your blocks,please keep one as I won't be sending one of yours back.

See pictures on the Swap site.

Blocks should be mailed to me in a ziplock baggie inside an envelope with your name (boardname) on each individual block. You should include a self addressed, stamped envelope for me to send your return blocks. Whatever it costs for you to mail to me is what it will cost for me to mail the blocks back.

Any questions please PM me.

Mail your blocks to me by October 1, 2010

I will mail them back out by October 15, 2010 or as close to that as possible.

sharon b 04-20-2010 09:33 AM

Will have to think about this one also :oops: Darn why are there so many GREAT exchanges out :shock: LOL

Karen 04-20-2010 10:04 AM

OK!!! I love Santa! Sign me up!!

PurpleBecca 04-20-2010 01:31 PM

Please may I join in??

quiltwoman 04-20-2010 01:48 PM

OK, I'm game. Sign me up. I love the big man!

chewboo 04-20-2010 01:55 PM

thinking about it

Karen 04-20-2010 02:41 PM

You know you want to come play Chewboo!!

ckcowl 04-20-2010 04:10 PM

since i collect santas i have to do this one...a few years ago i participated in a santa block swap, all different sizes they were so wonderful!!! i made the quilt, it turned out so great...boy i loved that quilt...
my younger sister was working in a care facility and came to me with a request...she would trade me the quilt she had just made (her first/only quilt she's made) for the santa quilt...she wanted to give it to a resident for christmas who had no family, had not had a single visitor in over a year and way just a sweet little lady...i made the trade...
my sister wrapped up the quilt with nothing on it but to...and from santa...and put it under the tree.
christmas morning when said resident was sitting there watching every one open their gifts she was sure there would be no packages for her but that was ok...when 'santa' handed her the box she teared up and opened it excitedly...
she laughed, she cried, she new (said for 90 years she never quit believing) there really is a santa!!! she loved the quilt (boy i loved that quilt) and would not let it go to laundry or let it out of her site. when she wasn't in bed it was on her lap...she held that quilt tight for almost 2 years before she passed away...it covered her in her coffin...
i have no picture of the quilt...TAKE PICTURES PEOPLE...
but i fondly remember it...it was my first time putting together blocks that were different sizes, there were lots of firsts... but it wasn't meant to be mine...
so, long story i know, but i better do this swap and make my self a santa quilt.........

springtime 04-20-2010 05:15 PM

I must. OH, I have to finish several other swaps, but it is SANTA!
ckcowl, I am crying ... happy tears.. after reading your story. Thank you. It is amazing the gifts we give ourselves when we give them away! Blessings.

crazyquilternc 04-21-2010 05:01 AM

I want to play, love the fat man!! What a heart warming story.