Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Favorite sewing machine??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/favorite-sewing-machine-t43489.html)

phyllis b 04-21-2010 05:54 PM

I am a new member and I am new to quilting...I am sewing on a Jem Gold and an Industrial Necchi....I am creating my second machine quilted quilt and am so excited.

My husband offered to buy me a new sewing machine....$1,000ish....Which machine do you suggest????

I want to learn how to free motion quilt.

Scissor Queen 04-21-2010 05:56 PM

I'd talk him into another $600 or so and wait a month or two and get the Janome MC660. It's an awesome machine!

dkabasketlady 04-21-2010 05:58 PM

Hi and welcome from the sunny state of FL. You'll get a lot of suggestions for the BEST machine, but I use a 1964 White sewing machine.

sharon b 04-21-2010 07:59 PM

Hello and Welcome from Northern Indiana !

As for a new sewing machine.. you can use the search button on top and type in "new machine " and find lots of topics to get you started .

Also make a list of "your" must haves on a new machine, for example, needle up/down, feed dogs drop, how many fancy stitches ( if you even want or need them ) What do you want the machine to be able to do ?

Also go to any local dealers and talk to them , test drive the machine, play with them and have fun :mrgreen:

MegsAnn 04-21-2010 11:49 PM

Sorry Phyllis can't help you here. I'm using my mom's old Kenmore. It works just fine for now so I haven't looked at new lines at all.

But welcome to the forum!

patricej 04-22-2010 12:00 AM

i am most in love with my Janome MC660P. my second love is my MC11000 because it also embroiders.

the only other machine on the market right now that interests me is the newest Singer. it's their answer to the 6600, except their version of the AccuFeed feet snap on, which i would love. however, i don't know where i could see one and test it, so can't give a worthwhile opinion.

memathomas 04-22-2010 12:24 AM

i have the MC 6600 it does every thing you would need i love it then i have a combo Machine for emb and sewing it also has every thing and all the stitches you would need its a MC 11000
both by janome.

i hope the machine you get is just what your hoping for

memathomas

ConnieF 04-22-2010 01:57 AM

I would love to have the Viking Sapphire. A big huge neck are to roll you quilt to machine quilt, lots of stitches, needle positions, needle up needle down. A needle threader... awsome machines... I have the bigger Vikings but would love this one to take to classes so I didnt have to carry my big machine

ConnieF

sewcrafty 04-22-2010 02:21 AM

About 1-2 months ago I got the Janome 6600 for 1049! Its a real sweet machine!! There's a new one coming out to replace this one so there are many good deals on them. The new ones, I was told (which is a guesstamate) would run between 8-900 more.

You won't be sorry!!

Oklahoma Suzie 04-22-2010 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
I'd talk him into another $600 or so and wait a month or two and get the Janome MC660. It's an awesome machine!

nice