Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone else here tv -less? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-else-here-tv-less-t45429.html)

ginnie6 05-10-2010 05:15 AM

we turned off our cable last September and did not have converter boxes. i did have the intention of buying one but money was just never there when I was thinking about it. The kids and I have gotten used to the quiet.....well as quiet as it can be around here! We watch the few shows we like online at our convenience. Unless dh starts working close to home again I doubt we will ever have "tv" again. I usually quilt at night and find something to watch online while I'm doing that. I like House, Lost, NCIS, and Bones.

GrammaNancy 05-10-2010 05:20 AM

We have not had TV for several years. Rarely miss it. We do Netflicks. And currently I am watching Bones on lines for a little noise while I sew.

bj 05-10-2010 05:22 AM

I might as well be. My DH watches the financial channel, sports, or the history channel all day. I just read or visit the QB. When I'm at the house in Lubbock where my sewing room is, I sew.

CarrieAnne 05-10-2010 05:33 AM

Sometimes I wish I were, I know I'd get alot more done, LOL!

cjomomma 05-10-2010 05:38 AM

Sometimes I wish we didn't have tv but sense we don't pay for the cable I wouldn't be saving any money if I turned it off. Infact we generally movies on DVD most of the time.

sharon b 05-10-2010 06:00 AM

I still have tv, but don't watch often just listen . It is back ground noise

raptureready 05-10-2010 06:11 AM

We have tv but we don't watch it that much. I like DWTS and a couple of others but mostly I turn on the criminal investigation ones that can be just listened to. We have an 11 yr old and have (and still do) monitor what she watches and how much time is spent on tv. (she's never seen an episode of the Simpsons or anything like it). For the most part we prefer to paint, sew or read. She's just discovered the art of making woven potholders so we're building quite a collection of those.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 05-10-2010 06:14 AM

We have no cable but do have a converter box. We get ABC, CBS and NBC if the weather is good. Mostly we watch shows online or watch Netflix.

I am always amazed to hear the prices of some of the cable and dish packages folks have!

Pam 05-10-2010 06:45 AM

I would like to put a big antennea on the house and ditch the whole thing, but DH is in LOVE with his big flat screen. Thank goodness the ONLY sport he watches is golf.

JudyG 05-10-2010 07:03 AM

We have tv but I don't watch it much. Personally, I think it's just a bunch of noise, but DH likes certain things. It absolutely amazes me how much people (for instance, my kids) pay for cable tv and then there's still not much to watch. Since they removed most of the quilting shows from tv, there's no reason to watch any more.