Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from Iowa (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-iowa-t4617.html)

lovespuppies 02-18-2008 09:31 AM

Hi everyone. My name is Jane. My husband and I just celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary. We have two grown daughters and 4 grandchildren. Who gets the most attention at our house? Our 2 puppies. They are really 6 yrs old but they are little so I always will call them puppies. I have been quilting now for 4 yrs and am truely addicted to it. I currently am working on 5 quilts. My other passion is cooking so am glad to see there is a receipe section on this site also. Happy quilting everyone and I'll be checking these boards daily!!

ddrobins1956 02-18-2008 12:38 PM

Hello from Ontario Jane. Welcome. you will love this site, there is so much to learn here and it's really fun to see what projects that everyone is working on.
I have two puppies as well. A 10yr old chihuahua and a two yr old yorkie. They are my constant companions and I spoil them much more than I did my children...lol.
I also love quilting, knitting, crochet, hand embroidery and cooking. I'm never bored.

Celeste 02-18-2008 02:53 PM

Welcome from California! I too have puppies, no matter their age or size!
My 11 year old 120# "Rotterman" is still a puppy! Actually, I call them my babies. My second baby is a nearly two year old red Doberman.

sandpat 02-18-2008 03:19 PM

Welcome Jane! You'll have to be sure to check out the thread that shows all of our babies and be sure to post pics of your "puppies"

We're glad to meet you..I'm obsessed with quilting since I started to learn how in 06. Who knew??? I'm not an indoor, sewey type...usually large animals, gardening...anything outside..now I love messy days because I can stay in and quilt and not feel quilty! :oops:

Moonpi 02-18-2008 03:44 PM

Welcome! There's lots to keep you inspired here. Feel free to post pictures, too - we love to see what others are up to.

Minda 02-18-2008 04:01 PM

Hello from Pennsylvania. Welcome, Jane. I'm glad you joined our group. I think everyone on this forum is addicted to quilting. We would love to see pictures of your puppies. What kind are they? I have 2 American Bulldogs, 90 lbs each. They are my babies and very spoiled.

lovespuppies 02-19-2008 06:43 AM

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome. My "boys" are a Peekapoo and Maltipoo. They make me laugh all day at their antics! Also they "hate it" when I quilt........can't hold them on my lap. LOL

jamsbuying 02-19-2008 07:01 AM

Welcome from Texas. You will find this a great group and inspiring. Love your puppies!!!

3incollege 02-19-2008 07:12 AM

Welcome from Pennsylvania, it is so much fun here you will meet lots of good freinds on this board.

Quilting Aggi 02-19-2008 08:01 AM

Hi from Newfoundland, Canada!!!!

This is a great place as I am coming to see myself being only a newbie of less than a week myself!!! I'm loving it here and the people here are wonderful!