Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   double topped quilt??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/double-topped-quilt-t47195.html)

pstoner 05-26-2010 02:28 PM

has anyone ever made a quilt with two tops? or reversible? I was going to make my MIL a log cabin quilt and chose browns and blues for the top, then showed her the pattern and colors. She thinks that is will be pretty, but thought she might get bored if she only has one side of the quilt showing all of the time. Help any suggestions?

amma 05-26-2010 02:31 PM

Search reversible quilts here :wink: there have been quite a few posted using different patterns, they are beautiful :D:D:D

Pam 05-26-2010 02:32 PM

Tell her to purchase her dream comforter at Bed, Bath and Beyond. This was my DH suggestion.

quiltsRfun 05-26-2010 02:33 PM

I'm making one right now but don't have it far enough along to post a picture.

Marjpf 05-26-2010 02:35 PM

I've seen them, but never been brave enough to try to make one. They are beautiful.

pstoner 05-26-2010 02:48 PM

Her "other" DIL, bought her one, top of the line (i.e. very expensive department store) knowing the colors of her house even, it doesn't match her carpet/wall colors, and it's bright maroon, not her fav. color. It's one of those big fluffy heavy "comforters" (least that's what I call it). Which she finds difficult to pull up, doesn't want to have it on in the summer (it was 92 two days ago), and wants something warm but not so thick and heavy to pull with her crooked hands and fingers. So I offered to make her a quilt for her BD, now she is getting "picky".

raksmum 05-26-2010 02:51 PM

I have made one. One side has the same colors as yours and the other side I did in batiks. They are easy and fun to do. Sorry, it got scooped up as soon as I made it so don't have a picture on hand.

Pam 05-26-2010 02:52 PM

LOL, when there are so many selections, it gets hard. I am still laughing about my LAST post. My DH is always telling me that if I need a new blanket to go buy one. Suddenly he is beginnig to see the light!

bearisgray 05-26-2010 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by pstoner
has anyone ever made a quilt with two tops? or reversible? I was going to make my MIL a log cabin quilt and chose browns and blues for the top, then showed her the pattern and colors. She thinks that is will be pretty, but thought she might get bored if she only has one side of the quilt showing all of the time. Help any suggestions?

Many backing fabrics are very attractive. In fact, I like the backing on the quilt on my bed better than the front.

Born2Sew 05-26-2010 03:38 PM

I made a reversible turning twenty quilt. I did a quilt as you go and used fleece for batting. Probably broke all the cardinal rules for quilting, but it was something I wanted to try to see if I could do it. I figured if whoever ends up with it, doesn't like one side they can always flip it over..