Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric price increase starting in June for most all fabric stores. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-price-increase-starting-june-most-all-fabric-stores-t47206.html)

BellaBoo 05-26-2010 03:31 PM

I've been told my many quilt shops and stores that the fabric prices would increase in June.

I went to a nearby Walmart to buy two yards of all the quilt of the month fabric, red, white and blues. The clerk was printing out new price stickers. She said at midnight tonight the prices increase on all the fabric by $1 or more a yard. Some more than $2. But the quilt of the month fabric less then a $1 increase this time. She said they were told the prices will increase more by fall on the fabric.

dkabasketlady 05-26-2010 03:35 PM

OUCH!!! With the economy already bad, who can afford an increase?? Not me, good thing I have a stash!

Granna of 5 05-26-2010 03:40 PM

I was in Wal Mart in Jackson, TN, which still has fabric and the quilt of the Mo was called Memories which is not even on the list of the Nathan quilts. Anyway the fabric for this quilt was $2.97 a yd. the last one I had gotten was $2.44 a yd

quiltinghere 05-26-2010 03:46 PM

Our LQS raised their fabric to $10 a yard already...I think it was $8.50 to $9.50 before. Almost all the fabric in the shop was $10.

Candace 05-26-2010 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I've been told my many quilt shops and stores that the fabric prices would increase in June.

I went to a nearby Walmart to buy two yards of all the quilt of the month fabric, red, white and blues. The clerk was printing out new price stickers. She said at midnight tonight the prices increase on all the fabric by $1 or more a yard. Some more than $2. But the quilt of the month fabric less then a $1 increase this time. She said they were told the prices will increase more by fall on the fabric.

That's a big increase! Wow...

sewcrazygirl 05-26-2010 04:21 PM

even more of a reason to save your coupons

amma 05-26-2010 04:32 PM

Not the best of news, huh? :( I guess we will all learn to be much more savy about our shopping :wink:

jljack 05-26-2010 04:45 PM

Personally I have only been shopping sale fabrics for about 8 months. DH was laid off and now working, but making less than 1/2 than before, so we are pinching pennies!! Save coupons and use whenever possible!!

MistyMarie 05-26-2010 05:03 PM

I am wondering now if Jo-Anns will stop doing their 40% off fabrics sales now, or just increase the base price. I am at the point where I wait until the LQS has a 20% off sale once every three months or so, before I go buy there. Otherwise, I order from thousandsofbolts.com or somewhere else that is affordable.

RatherB Quilting 05-26-2010 05:14 PM

I was in Joann's the other day and they already have fabrics that used to be $8.99 marked to $9.99. I was so dissapointed I left the store.