Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting is my Therapy!! How about you! Enjoy! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-my-therapy-how-about-you-enjoy-t50521.html)

craftybear 06-20-2010 11:24 AM

Indiana, USA

I just love to quilt! It is so much fun to cut your fabric and start stitching it back together to make cool patterns.

When you are quilting do you listen to music, audio books or have tv on?

Who is next?

Up North 06-20-2010 11:28 AM

I love to quilt but seem to spend to much time on here!! I like it quiet when I sew. The humm of the machine is my music.

erstan947 06-20-2010 11:29 AM

I drove an 18 wheeler for 11 1/2 years and daydreamed about the quilts I would make one day. I am now living that dream. Mostly my time is my own. I spend it on the QB and working on quilts. Whatever mood I'm in.. I listen to music
(southern gospel), or tv. Quilting is my escape. Love it.

I go To The Sea To Breathe 06-20-2010 11:48 AM

I like a movie on tv I don't have to watch it, or I like to listen to my mp3 player that I download free books from my local library on. I don't like having the family running around asking me things. Since my machine sits in living room, oh well, it works...

saf45 06-20-2010 11:52 AM

just listen to my machine,thats my music

AnnaK 06-20-2010 11:56 AM

I do all of that Craftybear. Sometimes there's nothing good on TV that doesn't involve violence so I listen to music or a book on tape. I think we have wonderful lives as quilters. I have been thinking about this lately as I am spending time away from home and my sewing room. I didn't realize how much of my time I spend sewing. Hard to imagine life without my quilting and quilting friends, online and in person!

oldhag 06-20-2010 01:05 PM

You are so right about quilting being therapy. I use it to escape the sadness,anger, tragedy and bull that I see everyday at work. I find at least 30 minutes everyday to do something quilty or sewing related. When I am in my sewing/ bedroom I listen to Radio Classics on my Sirius radio, unless I am doing some free motion quilting then I switch to some music and sew to the beat...I find that it keeps me steady and smooth.

KatFish 06-20-2010 01:38 PM

I find it soooo relaxing to watch the needle zip though fabric. Something about chain piecing just smooths out the road bumps of life. I like to sew with heavy metal or classic rock in the background, turned up loud unless Hubby is home then, same music, just turned way down. DH doesn't like to "feel" the music like I do. LOL

SuziC 06-20-2010 03:37 PM

I like to sew on rainy and gloomy days. Maybe because i don't feel guilty for not doing something else that needs to be done outside. I love to make the quilt tops and see it all come together. When it comes time to actually do the quilting i usually am already thinking about the next design i want to try. I too love the sound of the machine but mostly i have my tv on in the background. Any time is the "right" time to sew. I wish i could do it all day long!

Beachbound 06-20-2010 04:12 PM

I get so involved in my sewing that I forget to turn on the TV or radio even though they are right there. I guess my sewing room is my place to get away from the rest of the world so I don't usually invite 'them' in. LOL, I even have a sign in my room that says "I know I'm in my own world but they know me here"