Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   As Green As They Come! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/green-they-come-t53071.html)

SundarKoyal 07-05-2010 08:39 PM

Hi, my name is Sundar, and i live in the Bay Area, California.

I am so new to sewing/quilting, that i just recently bought a Brother 6000i, and only just learned how to thread it (never had a mother or relative to teach me, and even if i had, i probably would have been too busy climbing trees when i was little). lol!

I have been out buying supplies and what-nots and going through books to figure out a pattern that is easy to make.

I found some books that are for beginners... the kind that when you take a class they make you buy. It has been very helpful, along with reading posts from this website and a few other websites that actually have videos.

I have already seen so many beautiful quilts that all you wonderful ladies have made and i am just so excited to get started. I am so extremely amazed at how even some of the new people to quilting have made such incredible quilts. If i ever get one done (lol), i will surely post the pictures.

Thank you all for sharing and making me feel comfy enough to introduce myself.

craftybear 07-05-2010 08:41 PM

Welcome, waving from Indiana, USA

glad you joined our group!

sueisallaboutquilts 07-05-2010 08:44 PM

Welcome to the board!!!
You can watch some great how-to videos on Youtube.
So much info here on the board too :D

SundarKoyal 07-05-2010 08:48 PM

Thanks Crafty Bear and Sue! I am so glad to be here.

I did find a website called Missouri Quilt Company. They also have videos. Gosh they make it seem just so easy.

sharon b 07-05-2010 08:50 PM

Hello and Welcome to the board from Northern Indiana ! Glad you joined us :lol:

I have the same machine ,as do many others here on the board , so if you have questions please ask and we will help as much as possible :thumbup:

You will love it here

sueisallaboutquilts 07-05-2010 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by SundarKoyal
Thanks Crafty Bear and Sue! I am so glad to be here.

I did find a website called Missouri Quilt Company. They also have videos. Gosh they make it seem just so easy.

Oh yes! I just discovered it last week and signed up for their newsletter :) I love watching how something is done, rather than reading about it. Much easier for me :D

sharon b 07-05-2010 08:50 PM

Don't forget Utube also :wink:

sweet 07-05-2010 08:51 PM

Welcome from Louisiana! If you like videos, check out Eleanor Burns Quilt in a day site. Other people can tell you about, what is it QNN? Have Fun!!!

SundarKoyal 07-05-2010 09:03 PM

@Sharon - Thanks Sharon, since i am sooo very green, i am sure i will have tons of questions. Thank you for your support! YouTube is my next stop. lol

@Sue - Oh My Gosh! Aren't the videos so good? Same here, especially when someone is so new it is hard to understand all the written instructions until you can actually "see" someone doing it.

@Sweet - Thanks for the heads-up, I did not know that there were shows on t.v. that actually demonstrated and taught. I will try to find that channel and record some of them. Gosh, how exciting. Thanks so much.

Marlys 07-05-2010 09:08 PM

Hello & welcome from Montana!