Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from central Ohio! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-central-ohio-t53868.html)

littlelemon 07-11-2010 06:16 AM

Hello everyone! I am Amy from central Ohio (Delaware). I have been quilting for 11 years. I learned how to quilt by taking a beginner's class at my local quilt shop, and my first quilt was a crib-sized sampler quilt. I prefer to hand piece and quilt as it is portable and I can be a bit of a control freak over my stitching. I would like to learn to become a little better with my machine quilting. I am confident with free motion, but I am afraid to begin machine quilting actual patterns.

I have 3 children that I homeschool, and in the evenings and on the weekends I work at a part-time job. I am very busy, but I like being able to settle down with some quilting when I can. I haven't made a quilt in almost 2 years, but I am just now beginning a wholecloth baby quilt for my niece who will be born in October. It feels so good to begin a new project.

I am glad to be on this board, I am hoping it will keep me motivated and inspired, and I am looking forward to following some of you in your projects~

Love,
Amy J.

sueisallaboutquilts 07-11-2010 06:21 AM

Hi Amy!! We're almost neighbors- I'm in Worthington!!
Wow, you DO sound busy!! Glad you joined the board. I've been quilting a long time but keep learning all kinds of things!
Hugs, Sue

littlelemon 07-11-2010 06:38 AM

Hi Susie!

I used to live in Columbus. The quilting classes that I have taken in the past were at The Glass Thimble. I just visited that shop last week looking for solids, but they did not have what I was looking for and I ended up buying online :(
There is a quilt shop close to me in Ostrander, but their selection is very limited, and I also go to Red Rooster in Dublin every so often.
It's nice to "meet" you!

MinnieKat 07-11-2010 07:08 AM

Hi Amy, welcome from northern Minnesota!

littlehud 07-11-2010 07:27 AM

Hello and welcome from SW Iowa. Glad to have you here. You are one busy lady.

sueisallaboutquilts 07-11-2010 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by littlelemon
Hi Susie!

I used to live in Columbus. The quilting classes that I have taken in the past were at The Glass Thimble. I just visited that shop last week looking for solids, but they did not have what I was looking for and I ended up buying online :(
There is a quilt shop close to me in Ostrander, but their selection is very limited, and I also go to Red Rooster in Dublin every so often.
It's nice to "meet" you!

Amy, I took a lot of classes there when Bev and Gary owned The Glass Thimble. Haven't taken any lately but maybe this fall. I've heard the new owners are great. I really need to learn to machine quilt b/c I have too many ideas and not enough time lol I find myself buying more and more online and I really need to support our local shops. But I DID put a dent in my wallet yesterday when we went to Amish country!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

GrammaNan 07-11-2010 08:30 AM

Welcome Amy. You are doing something good for yourself by quilting.

Jim's Gem 07-11-2010 08:47 AM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!!!

fabric-holic 07-11-2010 09:47 AM

Welcome from Columbus.
(BTW one of my brothers lives in Delaware, OH.)

cntrygal51 07-11-2010 09:49 AM

Hi Amy, I'm waving to you from Gibsonburg here. Glad you joined the group.