Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you do other crafts besides quilting> (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-do-other-crafts-besides-quilting%3E-t58113.html)

Sue Fish 08-06-2010 09:37 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I took pics recently of some of the cross stitch samplers I have done...I have about 32 of them in my kitchen alone and many others around the house..

lallyann 08-06-2010 09:39 AM

beautiful! I don't have patience for cross stitching,but I think it is sooooo pretty!! I do crochet, and I have done a tiny bit of knitting. You can see an afghan I crocheted that I finished a couple of months in my avatar!

Jim's Gem 08-06-2010 09:40 AM

I used to do a lot of cross stitch as well. Then I went to work and have had some bad shoulder problems. I hope to be able to cross stitch again someday.
I really liked working on the Lavender and Lace Victorian Angels and ladies. I have about 15 of them done on 32 ct linen and have a bunch more of her patterns I want to do.

KellyPA 08-06-2010 09:40 AM

I cross stitch, knit, and sometimes make cards and crochet.

Sue Fish 08-06-2010 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by lallyann
beautiful! I don't have patience for cross stitching,but I think it is sooooo pretty!! I do crochet, and I have done a tiny bit of knitting. You can see an afghan I crocheted that I finished a couple of months in my avatar!

very pretty!

Lacelady 08-06-2010 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I used to do a lot of cross stitch as well. Then I went to work and have had some bad shoulder problems. I hope to be able to cross stitch again someday.
I really liked working on the Lavender and Lace Victorian Angels and ladies. I have about 15 of them done on 32 ct linen and have a bunch more of her patterns I want to do.

I've done quite a few L&L designs too - I used to sell the patterns in my shop, so stitched out the designs to show potential customers. I have also knitted, spun, crocheted, painted, you name it. I have done canvas work embroidery, minature carpet making for my dolls house, plus making furniture for it. I used to teach bobbin and needle lace too, but most of those I put to one side 10 years ago when I arrived here in favour of quilting. I began quilting in the 60's but the UK had very little available at the time, so it got put to one side.

candlequilter 08-06-2010 10:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I do all sorts of crafts from crocheting, knitting, cross stitch, needlepoint, and candle carving. Here are just a few pictures of my candles.

Jim's Gem 08-06-2010 10:20 AM

Beautiful candles!

lovequiltedstars 08-06-2010 10:23 AM

I love to cross stitch and crochet. I learned to knit about a year ago and made my first pair of baby booties, and sweater for my grandson. It took me so long to finish them, now I knit sweaters for a charity that sends them around the world to any children who needs them.

Jim's Gem 08-06-2010 10:27 AM

I used to do all kinds of crafts and sold my stuff in Craft Fairs. I quit all that when I had to go back to work about 9 years ago.