Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Version of BRicks and stepping stones..scrappy style (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-version-bricks-stepping-stones-scrappy-style-t59777.html)

charismah 08-16-2010 08:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I thought I would go to Quiltville and look for a pattern...found "bricks and stepping stones"...didn't read the directions all the way through....wouldn't you know..I messed up my blocks. I wanted to use all of these florals..and I always have tons of browns...I probably won't use brown next time...doesn't look all that great..but hey I used a lot of scraps..so that part is good.....then I spilled fruit punch on the quilt....trying to decide if I should wash it before I quilt it? I watered it down..I don't think it will stain...but wondering if I shoudl quilt it first then was it all together? I will see what happens.

Lostn51 08-16-2010 08:42 PM

I really like it (beautiful colors) and just go ahead and quilt it before you wash it.

Dont you just love scrappy quits?!?

Billy

QweenBee 08-16-2010 09:04 PM

You make everything look so pretty! did you see my post about what to match with this pattern. Charismah, what would you use? :thumbup:

charismah 08-16-2010 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by QweenBee
You make everything look so pretty! did you see my post about what to match with this pattern. Charismah, what would you use? :thumbup:

I posted on your thread. I wouls use lime green and that blue colr..with a touch of yellow. MY personal style is to use something with a pattern..no plain jane fabrics....I like texture and movement...but to each their own.

gcathie 08-16-2010 11:31 PM

wow another wonderful job.....

lilpoohbearie 08-16-2010 11:36 PM

I happen to love brown and love this quilt!!!

katier825 08-17-2010 12:51 AM

Have you tried a Tide Stick on the area where you spilled the punch? I wouldn't wash until it was quilted. I love the pattern and think the browns look great!

Ms. Shawn 08-17-2010 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by charismah
I thought I would go to Quiltville and look for a pattern...found "bricks and stepping stones"...didn't read the directions all the way through....wouldn't you know..I messed up my blocks. I wanted to use all of these florals..and I always have tons of browns...I probably won't use brown next time...doesn't look all that great..but hey I used a lot of scraps..so that part is good.....then I spilled fruit punch on the quilt....trying to decide if I should wash it before I quilt it? I watered it down..I don't think it will stain...but wondering if I shoudl quilt it first then was it all together? I will see what happens.

Very Beautiful Quilt I love the colors!!! :mrgreen: :thumbup:

ckcowl 08-17-2010 02:19 AM

i really like it...with the browns...they bring it all together beautifully! great job :)

mawmawbeve_60 08-17-2010 03:09 AM

Nice!