Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My 2 Firsts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-2-firsts-t59974.html)

quilterguy27 08-17-2010 07:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is the first time I've sewn a block on my Featherweight and it's also the first of Rhonda's Star Point quilt Blocks that I've attempted. It is just made from scraps out of my scrap bag and my 1/4" is way off, but for my first try at both block and machine I think I did great.

Rhonda's Star Point Quilt Block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98909[/ATTACH]

Star Point Quilt Block sewn on my FW
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98910[/ATTACH]

MarjaMT 08-17-2010 07:49 PM

I really like the photo's of your block on your machine......You should enter that in a contest.

Rhonda 08-17-2010 07:55 PM

Great pictures Doug!!

quilterguy27 08-17-2010 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Great pictures Doug!!

Contest??? You didn't look very close. It really isn't that great, but not bad for my first attempt. I do hope to get better.

Rhonda: I owe all the thanks to you. Without your tutorial and your templates I couldn't have done it. I would have made it bigger, but as I said, this was made from my scrap bag and that was all of that particular fabric I had. I did rearrange them so it doesn't look like the picture, but I was trying to be a bit different. It was only 16 blks instead of the 36 in the tutorial. Maybe on my next attempt I will do better.

littlehud 08-17-2010 08:01 PM

What a beautiful block and a beautiful machine. I love the second pic. It's like something from a magazine. Cool.

quilterguy27 08-17-2010 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
What a beautiful block and a beautiful machine. I love the second pic. It's like something from a magazine. Cool.

Oh, thanks. It did come out a bit dark tho. If I was more patient I probably could have done it better. Lighting was a bit off, but again, thanks.

Rhonda 08-17-2010 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Great pictures Doug!!

Contest??? You didn't look very close. It really isn't that great, but not bad for my first attempt. I do hope to get better.

Rhonda: I owe all the thanks to you. Without your tutorial and your templates I couldn't have done it. I would have made it bigger, but as I said, this was made from my scrap bag and that was all of that particular fabric I had. I did rearrange them so it doesn't look like the picture, but I was trying to be a bit different. It was only 16 blks instead of the 36 in the tutorial. Maybe on my next attempt I will do better.

That is a quilt block I did on my EQ5. It is a good quilt block! and you did a good job on it especially since it was the first time you did one! I love the possibilities this block gives you to turn the blocks and change the colors and get so many differant designs! It is so much fun to play with! Your contrast is reallly good too on this one. That is what makes the star points stand out so well!

I really like what you did with it! I just provide the tools and you are the creator of this quilt block not me! Great job on it!

quilterguy27 08-17-2010 09:43 PM

Thank you Rhonda!!!!
I was thinking of incorporating a third color and see how it turns out. That ought to be interesting. Will try that on my next attempt.

SulaBug 08-17-2010 11:19 PM

I would have to say, "Your Featherweight certainly did a great job". :thumbup: Of course the operated had a lot to do with that, didn't she? :D Your block turned out so nice!!
:D :D :D :D

SueDor 08-18-2010 02:19 AM

Good job for your first try.