Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   I need help! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/i-need-help-t64226.html)

Dell 09-11-2010 12:00 PM

I saw a recipe in the May 2010 issue of Good Housekeeping, while waiting for the Dr. It sounds so good, Macadamia Triangles. So when I got home I went to their web site and found the recipe. After coping it I realized that it has macadamian nuts in the cookies but they are not in the ingredients. They were in the ingredients in the magazine. Does anyone have the magazine? My library does not carry it. I'm wondering, if they left the nuts out, what else did they leave out. I guess I am supposed to buy the magazine.
I'm sure one of you can hepl me.

ptquilts 09-11-2010 12:46 PM

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/reci...triangles-1961

I gained a pound just looking at the pics. :roll:

CarrieAnne 09-11-2010 05:17 PM

Yum!

Needles 09-12-2010 04:09 AM

You could probably use your favorite nuts as macadamia are quite pricey. I have a very similar recipe that uses walnuts and I've used peanuts before as it's the only kind of nut my sister likes. All were good, pecans too.

Dell 09-12-2010 04:27 AM

Thank you so much. ptquilts, you helped me out again. When I went to GH, and put in the name of the recipe, I only got the ingredients for the crust. I don't understand why but then there is a lot I don't understand about the inter-net. I see that it would be good with any nuts. I'll try it as soon as I get home from my trip.

MNM 09-13-2010 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dell
I saw a recipe in the May 2010 issue of Good Housekeeping, while waiting for the Dr. It sounds so good, Macadamia Triangles. So when I got home I went to their web site and found the recipe. After coping it I realized that it has macadamian nuts in the cookies but they are not in the ingredients. They were in the ingredients in the magazine. Does anyone have the magazine? My library does not carry it. I'm wondering, if they left the nuts out, what else did they leave out. I guess I am supposed to buy the magazine.

1 cup all purpose flour

MNM 09-13-2010 05:38 PM

1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1/8 tsp salt
6 Tbs cold butter or margarine
3 Tbs cold water
1 jar 7 oz. macadamia nuts
2/3 c packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract

425* oven Hope you have the put together instructions, they are very long. But at least you have the ingredients.

Hope this helps. MNM

Dell 09-14-2010 04:27 AM

Thanks a lot.

MNM 09-14-2010 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by MNM

1 cup all purpose flour

I guess one cup of flour won't help much. I started typing the ingredients and my computer decided it was not going to cooperate. Every thing just disappeared sorry about that but glad you got all of the ingredients with the next post. MNM

craftybear 09-14-2010 11:48 AM

sounds yummy