Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Iowa quilt show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/iowa-quilt-show-t66836.html)

grammo 09-26-2010 07:24 AM

Has anyone gone to the Iowa quilt show? I am thinking about going and would like some feed back on it.
Thanks, grammo

the old one 09-28-2010 02:51 AM

Because I live in Iowa, of course this show will get good reviews from me--but relatives who live way down in Missouri drive six hours to attend, every year. The vendors are great, as well as the quilts, be sure to wear comfortable shoes and carry a tote bag, okay? piecefully, the old one

Lady-T 09-28-2010 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by the old one
Because I live in Iowa, of course this show will get good reviews from me--but relatives who live way down in Missouri drive six hours to attend, every year. The vendors are great, as well as the quilts, be sure to wear comfortable shoes and carry a tote bag, okay? piecefully, the old one

I live in Iowa too but will be unable to attend this year because we will be in Reno.....waaaah!! :cry:
Under other circumstances i would be totally thrilled to be taking a weeks vacation out west.....but not when it conflicts with the Quilt Show!
Guess I will have to depend on the members if this board to fill me in on everything I miss... (sigh)

hcarpanini 09-28-2010 03:17 AM

If you are talking about the Des Moines show, it is well worth the travel time. It is an AQS show. The Des Moines guild also has a quilt show along with it. It is amazing. Not going this year :(

boopeterson 09-28-2010 01:44 PM

Wish I was going to go.. Financially can't swing it. Am looking forward to going next year though and have started saving already!!!

kkpicket 09-28-2010 08:58 PM

Didn't make this wonderful show last year...but will be attending this year. It is a great event for quilters. Can't wait!!!!

grammo 09-29-2010 02:58 AM

Thanks for all the feedback. I went to the Paducha show for the first time this year and would love to go to this show. My husband rasies German Shorthair dogs, which are bird hunting dogs. So he could check out pheasant hunting and some of the dog kennels out there. So I think I have him talked into going.
Thanks again.

JT 09-29-2010 06:48 PM

Yes, I'm going this year. My first time, but friends that have gone before say it is great. Tons of vendors,,,and don't expect to see everything in one day. I'm going on a bus trip with my guild, so it's just the one day for me...this time. :)

Donna K 10-02-2010 06:26 PM

We here Iowa think the quilt show is great and enjoy working the show and meeting all people from many state and countries. Looking forward see you Next week.

knlsmith 10-06-2010 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by the old one

My tote bag is 5' 11" 40 years old with a salt and pepper short beard. He's so handy! LOL