Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   A really good Fruit cake reipe... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/really-good-fruit-cake-reipe-t77164.html)

koko 11-18-2010 11:47 AM

Wish I had a good fruit cake recipe. I've seen lots on line but am a bit hesitant to try another one after the disaster last year. Want to be sure it is really good before I purchase the ingredients for another recipe.

Does anyone have a really good homemade fruit cake recipe they'd be willing to share... One that the family likes year after year?

Ok Darla 11-18-2010 12:05 PM

This is a great question....a good and easy fruitcake recipe is what I too am looking for.

ptquilts 11-18-2010 01:38 PM

I would just like to go on record and say

"I LIKE FRUITCAKE!!!" and eggnog!!

Anyone who gets unwanted fruitcakes, I'll take 'em!!

never made either one however...

TN Donna 11-18-2010 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by koko
Wish I had a good fruit cake recipe. I've seen lots on line but am a bit hesitant to try another one after the disaster last year. Want to be sure it is really good before I purchase the ingredients for another recipe.

Does anyone have a really good homemade fruit cake recipe they'd be willing to share... One that the family likes year after year?

I have a recipe for an unbaked fruit cake. Yo can freeze it or eat i t then. It is simple and I love it. No one else in my family likes fruit cake but the people I used to work with loved it. The woman I got if from died a couple of years ago. I will post it soon.

M.E.H. 11-18-2010 02:13 PM

Ptquilts, remember sharing is fun!! :lol: I love fruitcake. :thumbup:

trupeach1 11-18-2010 05:37 PM

I posted a fruitcake cookie recipe on the Peachy and Pals at the North Pole thread.

dewie45 11-19-2010 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
I would just like to go on record and say

"I LIKE FRUITCAKE!!!" and eggnog!!

Anyone who gets unwanted fruitcakes, I'll take 'em!!

never made either one however...

I agree!

CarrieAnne 11-19-2010 07:23 AM

I love fruitcake too!

bizybess 11-19-2010 08:59 AM

My family also has an uncooked fruit cake recipe. I haven't made it in years. Maybe I'll make it this year. It's best if you make it before Thanksgiving and keep in freezer till Christmas. Unfortunately it never lasts till Christmas in it's entireity, very addicting.I'm going to have to look up my recipe but as far as I can remember it went something like this.

1 box graham crackers, crushed
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 pound pecan halves
1 package shredded coconut
1 package each red and green candied cherries
1 package candied orange peel, chopped
1 box golden raisins
1 box regular raisins

Mix everything with your hands until an even consistancy.
Line the graham cracker box with aluminum foil and press everything back in the box. The compression is very important, makes it very dense. Keep in freezer at least 2 weeks, 4 weeks is better. Slice very thin. This is really rich and almost like candy.

I don't fool with the graham cracker box any more, I use the heaviest plastic wrap I can find and a plastic container about the size of the cracker box. Very important is the container has to be larger at the top than at the bottom so you can get the cake out to slice it. As a last resort you can carve a hunk out with a knife.
:) :)

mjsylvstr 11-19-2010 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by bizybess
My family also has an uncooked fruit cake recipe. I haven't made it in years. Maybe I'll make it this year. It's best if you make it before Thanksgiving and keep in freezer till Christmas. Unfortunately it never lasts till Christmas in it's entireity, very addicting.I'm going to have to look up my recipe but as far as I can remember it went something like this.

1 box graham crakers crushed
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 pound pecan halves
1 package shredded coconut
1 box raisens
1 container candied cherries

Please tell us...do you just mix all and then what..it sound so easy and yet so good.

thanks